Learning Management System Senior Administrator
- Trestlebridge Office Center, 5220 Lovers Ln, Portage, MI 49002, USA
The International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI), located in Kalamazoo/Portage, MI, is seeking an Learning Management System Senior Administrator.
IFPTI is a small non-profit 501 (C) 3, founded in 2009 in collaboration with the Association of Food and Drug officials and with support of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. IFPTI has a mission, to protect public health and the global food supply by building workforce capacity. IFPTI collaborates with industry, academia, governments, and other organizations. IFPTI builds competency-based training and certification systems throughout the world for public and private sector food safety professionals.
For more information, please visit www.ifpti.org.
***When applying please provide the following information:
1. Cover Letter (in the comments section)
3. Salary Requirements (in the comments section)
Reporting to the Director of Learning Management and Instructional Design, the Learning Management System Senior Administrator is responsible for strategic planning, database management and maintaining and improving the learning management system (LMS). This position ensures that the system is up to date, functioning properly, and accessible to vendors, contractors, instructors, and end users. Ensures all service support to all system users via answering questions and sets access and permission levels.
· Manages LMS system data and creates customized reports.
· Manages the LMS system, ensures the system is functioning properly, up to date and contains accurate information.
· Works daily on “big” picture assignments, troubleshoots and finds creative solutions.
· Provides high level interaction and knowledge daily to vendors, end users and internal customers.
· Utilization of data base management and in addition, understands how they function.
· Works daily on the LMS future, improvement, suggestions and strategy.
· Sets up new courses by creating events in the LMS system.
· Works directly with LMS vendor on a daily/weekly basis.
· Provides support to end users through a help desk function in a professional and courteous way.
· Sets, controls and maintains system access and permission levels for all system users.
· Sets up, maintains the system to support e-commerce with the support of the organizations Accountant.
· Trains other users and administrators via interpersonal communication.
· Keeps abreast of developments in LMS and eLearning systems and makes recommendations regarding the incorporation of appropriate technologies for use in IFPTI courses.
· Obtains data from LMS shopping carts, e-commerce connections, and prepares reports as needed.
· Manages the online bookstore. Manages inventory and support customers through vendor portals.
· Ability to effectively lead and further a collaborative mission-focused culture.
· Work on and publish “how to” guides in various medias.
· Responsible to lead, direct and support learning management staff members.
· Other duties assigned as the position evolves over time.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field a must
· Minimum of 5 years-experience with a web-based content or data-based content system.
· Minimum of 2 years in a project management role.
· Some past supervisory experience preferred
· LMS system experience preferred, but not required.
· Must demonstrate a high-level of problem solving.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills; able to communicate with a broad and diverse audience.
· Proactively sets long-term strategic plans to align with organizational objectives.
· Anticipates potential issues and mitigates those issues with little disruption.
· Experience working in an email ticketing system. Can learn the systems capabilities and apply solutions to increase efficiencies.
· Explores and recommends automated solutions.
· Strong teamwork and collaboration orientation.
· Possesses the knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, collegial, and energetic environment.
· Ability to organize and meet deadlines for a wide variety of job requests that involve many production steps leading to the finished product. Must be able to handle numerous projects at one time.
· Comfortable working in a culture of constant change.
· Must be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of direction for completing assignments.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities on many levels externally and internally.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions:
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking and light lifting up to 25 lbs.
This job description identifies the primary duties or responsibilities that are required. Employees will be expected to complete other related duties as assigned.
If you feel this position may be a good fit for your skills, interests, and experience, please click below and submit your resume and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Please complete all fields in the application as partial submissions will delay the process.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.