eLearning Support and Design
- Trestlebridge Office Center, 5220 Lovers Ln, Portage, MI 49002, USA
The International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI), located in Kalamazoo/Portage, MI, is seeking a eLearning Support/Design (3 month Contract Assignment-Potential Extension).
IFPTI is a small non-profit 501 (C) 3, founded in 2009 in collaboration with the Association of Food and Drug officials and with support of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. IFPTI has a mission, to protect public health and the global food supply by building workforce capacity. IFPTI collaborates with industry, academia, governments, and other organizations. IFPTI builds competency-based training and certification systems throughout the world for public and private sector food safety professionals.
For more information, please visit www.ifpti.org.
***When applying please provide the following information:
1. Cover Letter
3. Salary Requirements
The position is temporary for three-month periods of time. Reporting to the Director of Learning Development and LMS, the eLearning Support/Design is responsible for database management, improvements to the Learning Management System (LMS), customer service, maintaining and improving the Learning Management System. This position ensures that the system is up to date, functioning properly, and accessible to customers, instructors, and students. Ensures all service support to all customers/system users via; answering questions and sets access and permission levels. The position is entry level and is very support based. The design portion of the position is very small.
· Manages LMS System data and creates customized reports.
· Manages the LMS system, ensures the system is functioning properly, up to date and contains accurate information.
· Provides support services to customers via; software system, via phone, email, in person.
· Provides daily interaction and knowledge to vendors, end users, and internal customers.
· Interfaces with client customers to determine course requirements.
· Sets up new courses by creating events in the LMS system.
· Sets system access and permission levels for both students and customers.
· Sets up the system to support the payment terms.
· Serves as IFPTI’s learning management system (LMS) end user system professional.
· Keeps abreast of developments in LMS and eLearning systems and makes recommendations regarding the incorporation of appropriate technologies for use in IFPTI courses.
· Ability to effectively lead and further a collaborative mission-focused culture.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· No minimum number of years required
· Technology background a must
· Entry level position
· Possesses the knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, collegial, and energetic environment.
· Must be comfortable and proficient with many different forms of technology and/or comfortable learning new technology.
· Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills; able to communicate with a broad and diverse audience.
· Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team effort.
· Ability to organize and meet deadlines for a wide variety of job requests that involve many production steps leading to the finished product. Must be able to handle numerous projects at one time.
· Comfortable working in a culture of constant change.
· Must be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of direction for completing assignments.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities on many levels externally and internally.
· Previous experience in a help desk position preferably with an LMS System.
· Strong teamwork and collaboration orientation
· Should be proficient with or have knowledge of the following: Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, LMS/DMS applications, eLearning, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Lectora, SCORM files, Authorize, WordPress, Magento, Remote Assistance, Zoho Ticketing System, Zoom webinars, Desktop Publishing, Salesforce and creating PDF files.
· The position will initially focus on LMS, and as time allows, assist with Design/Development of Face-to-Face, blended and/or online courses.
· Other duties assigned as the position evolves.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions:
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking and light lifting up to 25 lbs.
This job description identifies the primary duties or responsibilities that are required. Employees will be expected to complete other related duties as assigned.
If you feel this position may be a good fit for your skills, interests, and experience, please click below and submit your resume and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Please complete all fields in the application as partial submissions will delay the process.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.