Learning Management System Support Analyst (LMS)
- Trestlebridge Office Center, 5220 Lovers Ln, Portage, MI 49002, USA
The International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI), located in Kalamazoo/Portage, MI, is seeking a Learning Management System Support Analyst (LMS).
IFPTI is a small non-profit 501 (C) 3, founded in 2009 in collaboration with the Association of Food and Drug officials and with support of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. IFPTI has a mission, to protect public health and the global food supply by building workforce capacity. IFPTI collaborates with industry, academia, governments, and other organizations. IFPTI builds competency-based training and certification systems throughout the world for public and private sector food safety professionals.
For more information, please visit www.ifpti.org.
*******All applicants must submit the following to be considered for the LMS Position:
1. Cover Letter
3. Salary Requirements
Reporting to the Director of Implementation and LMS, the Learning Management System Support Analyst (LMS)/Customer Service Support Specialist is responsible for Customer Service, maintaining and improving the Learning Management System. This position ensures that the system is up to date, functioning properly, and accessible to customers, instructors, and students. Ensures all service support to all customers/system users via; answering questions and sets access and permission levels.
· Provides support services to customers via; software system, via phone, in person.
· Provides high level interaction daily to support customer service to clients with system support questions and concerns.
· Manages the LMS system. Ensures that the system is functional, up to date, and contains accurate information.
· Manages system data and creates customized reports.
· Interfaces with client customers to determine course requirements.
· Sets up new courses by creating events in the LMS system.
· Sets system access and permission levels for both students and customers.
· Sets up the system to support the payment terms.
· Trains other users and administrators via interpersonal communication.
· Serves as IFPTI’s learning management system (LMS) end user system administrator.
· Keeps abreast of developments in LMS and eLearning systems and makes recommendations regarding the incorporation of appropriate technologies for use in IFPTI courses.
· Ability to effectively lead and further a collaborative mission-focused culture.
Other duties assigned as the position evolves over time.
· Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
· Previous experience in a help desk and/or customer service role is preferred.
· Strong teamwork and collaboration orientation.
· Previous experience working with learning management systems (LMS) preferred.
· Excellent typing and data entry skills required.
· Previous experience providing administration support is preferred.
· Strong computer skills, particularly with LMS, data management systems (DMS), and information management strongly preferred.
· Must demonstrated capability to provide excellent customer service.
· Possesses the knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, collegial, and energetic environment.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills; able to communicate with a broad and diverse audience.
· Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team effort.
· Ability to organize and meet deadlines for a wide variety of job requests that involve many production steps leading to the finished product. Must be able to handle numerous projects at one time.
· Comfortable working in a culture of constant change.
· Must be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of direction for completing assignments.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities on many levels externally and internally.
· Should be proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, LMS/DMS applications, eLearning, and creating PDF files.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions:
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking and light lifting up to 25 lbs.
This job description identifies the primary duties or responsibilities that are required. Employees will be expected to complete other related duties as assigned.
If you feel this position may be a good fit for your skills, interests, and experience, please click below and submit your resume and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Please complete all fields in the application as partial submissions will delay the process.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.