Learning Design Development
- Trestlebridge Office Center, 5220 Lovers Ln, Portage, MI 49002, USA
The International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI), located in Kalamazoo/Portage, MI, is seeking one temporary assignment Learning Design Development Specialist.
IFPTI is a model for private-public partnerships that address international and domestic public health needs and collaborates with industry, academia, governments, and other organizations. IFPTI builds competency-based training and certification systems throughout the world for public and private sector food safety professionals.
For more information, please visit www.ifpti.org.
This position is temporary for three-month periods. The Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for all aspects of instructional systems design (ISD) and consulting with stakeholders for the International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI). This position is also responsible to assist in furthering the IFPTI vision of being the “epicenter of the standards-based, career-spanning training network for the nation’s integrated food safety system” by utilizing adult learning methodology.
· Conduct job task analysis, analyze the data, create summary reports, and make recommendations.
· Facilitate meetings and processes with various stakeholders.
· Work directly with clients, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to design training.
· Apply research and theory to the practice of instructional design.
· Utilize and document innovative instructional design strategies and learning methodologies to promote the transfer of learning.
· Creatively use appropriate technologies to engage learners (i.e., blended learning, instructor led training (ILT), eLearning).
· Develop training content utilizing design documents.
· Apply evaluation theory and methodologies for continual improvement.
· Collaborate with developers, programmers, quality assurance, and any other production staff to carry out ISD activities.
· Build and maintain effective relationships, influencing clients, managing stakeholder expectations.
· Consult with stakeholders in concepts of training and non-training interventions.
· Conduct collaborative meetings with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, and project teams.
· Develop project plans.
· Execute all phases of design and development to ensure the timely completion and delivery of projects.
· Stay informed of trends in learning design.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Instructional design expertise in a variety of modalities, including e-learning and instructor-led training.
· Proven experience applying adult learning theory and the ability to recognize and adapt to different learning styles.
· Experience conducting needs assessment and job task analysis.
· Possess the ability to work effectively in a challenging, collegial, and evolving environment.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
· Commitment to deliver results utilizing ethical standards.
· History of success in roles requiring logical and systematic thinking while managing multiple priorities.
· Ability to organize and meet deadlines.
· Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
· Comfortable working in a culture of constant change.
· Must be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of direction for completing assignments.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities.
· Must be proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and eLearning authoring tools.
If you feel this position may be a good fit for your skills, interests, and experience, please click below and submit your resume and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Please complete all fields in the application as partial submissions will delay the process.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.