Learning Management System Support (Initially Posted: Help Desk and IT Specialist)
- Trestlebridge Office Center, 5220 Lovers Ln, Portage, MI 49002, USA
The International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI), located in Kalamazoo/Portage, MI, is seeking one temporary assignment Learning Management System Support Analyst.
IFPTI is a model for private-public partnerships that address international and domestic public health needs and collaborates with industry, academia, governments, and other organizations. IFPTI builds competency-based training and certification systems throughout the world for public and private sector food safety professionals.
For more information, please visit www.ifpti.org.
This position is temporary for three-month periods. Reporting to the Implementation and Delivery Director, the Learning Management System Support Analyst is responsible for maintaining and improving the Learning Management System. This position ensures that the system is up to date, functioning properly, and accessible to customers, instructors, and students. Provides service support to system users, answers questions, and sets access and permission levels.
The position would assist with the below responsibilities.
· Manages the LMS system. Ensures that the system is functional, up to date, and contains accurate information.
· Manages system data and creates customized reports.
· Interfaces with client customers to determine course requirements.
· Sets up new courses by creating events in the LMS system.
· Sets system access and permission levels for both students and customers.
· Sets up the system to support the payment terms.
· Trains other users and administrators.
· Provides customer service to clients with system support questions and concerns.
· Serves as IFPTI’s learning management system (LMS) end user system administrator.
· Keeps abreast of developments in LMS and eLearning systems and makes recommendations regarding the incorporation of appropriate technologies for use in IFPTI courses.
· Provides leadership and guidance for all direct reports and IPPTI team members.
· Ability to effectively lead and further a collaborative mission-focused culture.
· Other duties assigned as the position evolves over time.
· Commitment to IFPTI’s mission and vision of being the “epicenter of the standards-based, career-spanning training network for the nation’s integrated food safety system.”
· Demonstrated capability to provide excellent customer service.
· Possesses the knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, collegial, and energetic environment.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills; able to communicate with a broad and diverse audience.
· Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a team effort.
· Ability to organize and meet deadlines for a wide variety of job requests that involve many production steps leading to the finished product. Must be able to handle numerous projects at one time.
· Comfortable working in a culture of constant change.
· Must be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of direction for completing assignments.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities on many levels externally and internally.
· Must be proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, LMS/DMS applications, eLearning, and creating PDF files.
Physical Factors/Working Conditions:
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking, and light lifting. Included is exposure to a wide range of travel conditions (walking, lifting, driving, riding in vehicles, hotel stays, weather conditions).
If you feel this position may be a good fit for your skills, interests, and experience, please click below and submit your resume and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Please complete all fields in the application as partial submissions will delay the process.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.