- Trestlebridge Office Center, 5220 Lovers Ln, Portage, MI 49002, USA
The International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI), located in Kalamazoo/Portage, MI, is seeking two part-time temporaty Office Assistants.
IFPTI is a model for private-public partnerships that address international and domestic public health needs and collaborates with industry, academia, governments, and other organizations. IFPTI builds competency-based training and certification systems throughout the world for public and private sector food safety professionals.
For more information, please visit www.ifpti.org.
This position is temporary for three-month periods. The position reports to Director of Accounting and Human Resources. The receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Office Assistant will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate team members, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties, and assist as needed for all departments within the organization.
· Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate.
· Greets and directs visitors to the organization.
· Takes and retrieves messages as needed.
· Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail.
· Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
· Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
· Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, scanning and collating.
· Assists with administrative tasks.
· Assists a variety of departments internally with administrative tasks; some to include: Accounting, Human Resources, Learning Management, Instructional Design.
(Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.)
· Possesses the knowledge, intellect, temperament, and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, collegial, and energetic environment.
· Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills with particular ability to listen; able to communicate with a broad and diverse audience.
· Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort.
· Comfortable working in a culture of constant change.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities on many levels externally and internally.
· Must be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
If you feel this position may be a good fit for your skills, interests, and experience, please click below and submit your resume and a cover letter including your salary expectations. Please complete all fields in the application as partial submissions will delay the process.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V.