Intern Press & Publicity
- Karel Doormanstraat, 3012 Rotterdam, Netherlands
Unforgettable films, unexpected encounters and a very extensive and diverse range of long and short films, events, performances, installations and after parties, that is International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR). As an initiator and promoter of independent cinema, IFFR shows and supports emerging and established talent around the world. We do this throughout the year, with the festival in January as one of the main pillars. The festival attracts more than 300,000 visits each year. The 49th edition takes place from January 22 to February 2, 2020 and will again be realized this year by around 45 permanent employees, 120 temporary employees and more than 900 volunteers.
Starting mid-September 2019 we are looking for a:
Intern Press & Publicity
The Press Office department informs the national and international media about IFFR, answers questions from journalists and ensures the accreditation of about 450 journalists who visit the festival. The Press department is responsible for coordinating, writing and publishing press releases. During the festival period this department handles interview and information requests from accredited press.
- Implement press pitches in the adequate format (MailChimp) and provide available online content. Assist in establishing press relationships.
- Support press events, such as red carpet, drinks, special screenings and photo calls.
- Keep track of incoming publications and press clippings throughout the entire festival period.
- Support the Press team during the festival, such as guiding camera crews, preparing mailings and distributing promotional material.
- Maintain contacts with poster distributions at different locations. Provide support with the Press Desk set-up.
- Provide support with the press conferences set-up.
- Provide support to Press team and the department head with special tasks.
You are enrolled in a professional educational program in marketing, business administration or communications.
You have organizational and analytical skills.
You have affinity with IFFR and / or films.
You dare to take initiative.
You are proactive, creative, accurate, decisive and resistant to stress. And above all you are a team player.
You live in Rotterdam or the surrounding area.
The Internship Press & Publicity is for a period of 6 months (3 September 2019 to 27 February 2020). In September it concerns an internship for 4 days a week and from October onwards the internship is for 5 days a week. The internship allowance is € 300 gross per month based on a full-time appointment.
Interested? Please send your motivation and resume as soon as possible via the application button on our website. We are looking forward to hearing from you!