Vice President- International Supply Chain- Remote Eligible
- Job Duration: Regular
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and more than 20 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice President- International Supply Chain. This opportunity oversees and drives the creation, implementation and on-going management of an efficient Supply Chain for all international markets that provides safe, high-quality, cost-effective products and equipment necessary to operate DQ restaurants.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Lead an international team of diverse, multi-cultural supply chain professionals to effectively contribute to the accomplishment of regional, International and Corporate annual goals and objectives. Assist staff with prioritization of work and remove roadblocks when necessary.
- Work closely with the leadership teams of International franchisees in each country to address supply chain needs, equipment matters, product approvals and vendor selection while continuously improving their supply chain.
- Act as liaison/communications lead between the International Team and USCI ensuring consistent flow of communications relating to approved equipment and vendors while supporting localization sourcing initiatives and testing protocols.
- Work cross-functionally with all appropriate departments to develop and execute corporate strategic initiatives that impact Supply Chain. Work with R&D and Marketing to determine product pipeline and to support the successful launch of the marketing calendar and LTO promotions.
- Ensure a reliable, uninterrupted supply of items to support a successful supply chain for all International product rollouts and marketing calendars.
- Lead supply chain in working with R&D and equipment team to support product development with new and existing suppliers. Direct supply chain team’s efforts working with FSQR to ensure all International suppliers are approved and adhere to IDQ standards. Support the creation and maintenance of an Approved Products List.
- Work closely with USCI staff and USCI suppliers/distributors as needed to support International markets’ supply chain needs. Develop and maintain strong relationships with key international suppliers.
- Create annual SG&A and revenue budgets.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Business or a related degree, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA preferred.
- Must have 12+ years of prior relevant managerial experience, obtained either through increasingly responsible positions in a corporate supply chain function, and/or strong corporate restaurant operations management experience with international supply chain experience. Knowledgeable of all international supply chain functions with a strong understanding of restaurant operations required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience managing employees required, preferably with several of those years managing a geographically dispersed team. A demonstrated track record of managerial ability and in building a competent, high performance team.
- Experience working within an international QSR franchisor organization.
- Must have the ability to remove barriers to success for the supply chain team by ensuring the staff has the tools, processes, skill sets and training to succeed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required, with the ability to effectively articulate and present ideas to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to effectively trouble shoot and resolve day to day business challenges. Involve cross-functional team members in resolving matters that impact them. Work towards cross-functional “win-win” solutions. Must have a strong ability to coordinate with other departments (Concept Support Services, Operations, Marketing, Legal, R&D, Finance) to complete projects on time.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to frequently travel to all international DQ locations. Travel required up to 40%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. You must be work authorized in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
Our benefit package supports the well-being of our employees and their families. Our comprehensive benefit package includes, medical, dental, 401K match, paid time off (including volunteer time as well as parental leave) and so much more! To learn more about our great benefit offerings, click here.
Most positions located out of our global headquarters in Bloomington, MN will work a hybrid work schedule where you will work 2 collaboration days a week. Additional in office time may be required to support team/project needs. Positions will be identified as “remote eligible” when consideration will be given to candidates outside of drivable distance to our Bloomington office.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion for all who touch DQ. We believe in and commit to fostering a community where employees bring their authentic selves to work; where we recruit, engage and retain employees, franchise owners and suppliers with diverse background and identities; and where everyone feels welcome engaging with our DQ brand.
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program. You must be work authorized in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.