Senior Campaign Manager (Hybrid)
- Bloomington, MN, USA
- Job Duration: Regular
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and more than 20 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Campaign Manager located at our corporate office in Bloomington, MN. The Senior Campaign Manager oversees key brand and traffic-driving marketing campaigns, while working closely with the VP of Marketing Communications on defining and activating integrated brand-marketing campaigns, such as mass advertising, digital and social executions, and partnerships. The Sr. Campaign Manager collaborates with internal teammates and external agencies to drive creative production, and ensure all marketing is of high quality and driving business impact.
Strategic Brand Communications Planning
- Lead the U.S. Marketing team in the development of annual strategic marketing plans, to enable teams to make appropriate marketing investment decisions and maximize the pacing and sequencing of brand activations including partnership opportunities. Throughout the year, work as part of an integrated Brand and Creative Services team to deliver the highest priority deliverables to bring the plan to life.
- For every national promotional window, drive clarity of positioning and effective translation of brand understanding and objectives into creative outputs optimized by channel.
- Oversee DQ’s U.S. national marketing campaigns to foster and increase brand awareness, brand affinity, store traffic and campaign engagement among Dairy Queen’s current and potential Fans.
- Ensure strategic alignment with brand positioning. Optimize campaigns across media channels and integrated consumer touchpoints, along with in-store and product packaging.
- Use exceptional project management and collaboration skills to manage day-to-day activities and key stakeholders to ensure campaigns stay on track, on budget, and on time.
- Create, distribute, interpret and monitor reports and progress for campaigns.
- Partner with the Director of Consumer Insights on an on-going basis to garner consumer reaction to campaigns and develop opportunities for campaign evolutions and optimizations.
- Present as appropriate to company management and Franchise Advisory Committee.
- Work closely with internal and external teammates to manage creative production, and ensure all creative and messaging meets a high bar. Creative development includes video, audio, social, and in-store merchandising, as well as overall design system integration.
- Establish tone/voice, visual and design standards. Represent the brand at production shoots as needed to ensure adherence to brand standards.
- Develop key mechanisms to help drive production efficiencies, track team goals, and provide visibility to leadership and other stakeholders, such as project and budget trackers and creative approval process.
- Create Assignment Briefs and update the PPW (Product Positioning Worksheet). Work with internal teammates to secure input and alignment. Manage/ facilitate the Creative Briefing process to ensure all work is strategically based and creative inspired based on internal direction. Ensure collaborative relationships with all creative resources, both in-house and from agencies.
- Work directly with the ADQ legal team to ensure all communications follow our brand /legal guidelines.
- Collaborate on overall marketing budgets and take responsibility for on-time and on-budget campaigns and production.
- 4-year B.A. / B.S. Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Integrated Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8-12 years of increasingly responsible advertising agency Account Management experience, with strong focus on managing national accounts.
- Campaign Management experience across all touch-points including TV, Radio, Digital, Social, Outdoor, Public Relations, Local Store Marketing, and In-Store Merchandising. Proven track record in effective campaign creation and alignment with marketing objectives.
- Experience managing retail / QSR brand accounts, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant category, preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills, required.
- Leadership and Influencing Skills: Demonstrated strength at persuading, influencing and exercising leadership cross-functionally, to drive decisions and project plans. Demonstrated ability to independently and effectively lead brainstorming sessions, with little support needed from more senior marketing management.
- Strategic Marketing Leadership: Demonstrated ability to develop strategies for achieving business goals, to translate business strategies into clear objectives and tactics, and to proactively anticipate future trends or problems, their potential impact, and how to address them with relevant strategies.
- Creative thinker with a track record of developing marketing-related innovative ideas.
- Ability to be a team leader and facilitate brainstorming sessions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation writing skills, demonstrating an ability to understand the unique information needs of the audience, and strategically frame up a focused and impactful message.
- Demonstrated ability to create and successfully drive project plans, to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Ability to coordinate with other teams in Marketing and Legal to complete projects on time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
International Dairy Queen (IDQ) requires all U.S. employees to submit their vaccination status and documentation. IDQ is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable vaccination accommodation based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the Company.
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program. You must be work authorized in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.