Summer Internship – Digital Marketing & Copywriting Intern
- St. Louis, MO, USA
Interco is a global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity in since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers, electronics, and batteries with the remainder of the indoor facility used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to commercial, industrial, dealer, and government organizations nationwide. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain.
Interco is proud to offer a Digital Marketing & Copywriting Summer Internship. The position requires a motivated attitude and an eagerness to learn about and succeed in the field of online digital marketing and improve upon copywriting skills writing for optimal search engine optimization (SEO). The right candidate will be a creative self-starter with the ability to follow clear instructions and an interest in driving traffic through high-level SEO strategies and strategic online marketing utilizing proprietary approaches, programs, and software.
The ideal candidate will be results-oriented with a personal track record demonstrating the ability to work both in a team environment and alone with a motivated attitude and an eagerness to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants should be current college students pursuing a degree in marketing, creative writing, journalism, graphic design, business, or related field and have an eagerness to learn and develop their online marketing and business and professional writing skills.
Candidates may earn college credit if approved by their college/university. Recent college graduates may also apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to interact with professionals while learning to develop and cultivate proven creative marketing techniques.
Throughout the course of the internship, you will:
- Learn how to navigate WordPress and manage many different sites at the same time
- Master valuable SEO and SEM skills
- Study how to manage a company’s digital presence on multiple channels
- Participate in different day to day tasks experiencing different facets of the profession
- Show off and improve your writing and original content creation skills
- Create infographics and write and produce corporate YouTube videos.
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Gain valuable knowledge about a quickly growing industry
- Learn basic knowledge of IT and computer systems through collaboration
- Effectively analyze the competition and perform digital research
- Analyze data and use that information to make intelligent marketing decisions
- Excellent writing skills.
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in internet research and data compilation.
- Ability to gather and review information about a topic, analyze and interpret it, and develop original content around it.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).
- Advanced internet and computer skills.
- Excellent decision-making and advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multitasking and decision-making skills.
- Possess skills in graphic design and editing.
- Experience with photo or video editing software is preferred.
- Pay rate: $12 / hour
- Consistent work schedule 20-40 hours/week
- Term of internship 2-3 months
- This position does not offer healthcare benefits
- This position is open to local students only
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Occasionally lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
As a matter of company policy, we do not sponsor employment visas or hire from out of the USA nor do we sponsor candidates who do not currently reside within the USA without an existing H-1B visa.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Interco Trading Company reserves the right to modify this job description at any time; including assigning or reassigning job duties or eliminating this position at any time.
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Work remotely: No