Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller
- Madison, IL, USA
Interco is a global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. Interco provides metals, computers and electronics recycling services to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations. The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials throughout the world utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, Asia, and South Africa.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller to create and maintain accurate and timely financial records for the company.
- Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management
- Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department
- Maintain general ledger entries, monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations, cash accruals, month end close, income statement analyses, and balance sheets
- Review records of accounts to ensure accuracy
- Analyze and prepare reports for fixed assets, depreciation, cost accounting, inventory, revenue recognition and receivables
- Develop systems for maintenance of financial records, making use of current technology
- Bachelor’s in accounting or another related degree; advanced degree a plus
- 5-7 years’ accounting experience
- Familiarity with supply chain, warehouse or manufacturing environments preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills; proficient in MS Office
- Experience with QuickBooks strongly preferred
- Proactive, highly organized, results-oriented business person with a successful career track in accounting
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction
- Takes initiative, is a self-starter and is proficient at establishing internal relationship
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Interco offer an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision - available for you and your dependents! These benefits are effective the 1st of the month following your date of hire!
- Free Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and a $25K life insurance policy for you.
- Vacation plus our facility is closed from Christmas Eve Day – New Year’s Day while you received your full rate of pay!
- Holidays include New Years Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after!
- Salary plus bonus