- Boston, MA
ABOUT INTERACTION INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CHANGE
The Interaction Institute for Social Change (IISC) is a non-profit consulting and training organization with a budget of $3.1 million and 12 full-time staff and 31 part-time consultants and trainers. IISC is physically based in Boston at the Nonprofit Center, although the work of the organization is happening virtually during this time of COVID-19.
IISC’s mission is to build collaborative capacity in individuals, organizations, networks, and communities working for social justice and racial equity. IISC facilitates social change and racial equity using our Collaborative Change Lens to shift power dynamics, focus on building networks, and amplify love as a force for social change. Guided by our values and this approach, we partner with our clients to shift systems so that groups and communities that have been historically marginalized and oppressed by racism and other ism’s have an equitable share in the power and control of organizational and societal resources.
IISC works with individuals, organizations, networks, and communities, offering an array of collaborative capacity building services and services to advance racial equity, including:
- Designing and facilitating racial equity change processes
- Building and weaving equitable networks
- Designing and delivering trainings to build collaborative capacity for racial equity and facilitative leadership
- Designing and facilitating leadership cohort programs
The Training Assistant supports the Trainings & Project Coordination team to help deliver highly successful virtual and in person training sessions to IISC’s clients. Reporting to the Racial Equity and Training Practice Lead the Training Assistant will provide administrative, logistical, and basic technological support for IISC’s trainings and related projects. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is currently 100% virtual, though the Training Assistant will work 25% of the time onsite in the Boston area once we resume in person engagements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical and Logistical Support
- Provide administrative/technical support during virtual trainings, including screen-sharing, creating breakout rooms, sharing links, managing participant resources, and more
- Provide logistical day-of-support during on-site client engagements in Boston, including room setup, check-in, and operations coordination
- Enter data into IISC’s CRM (Salesforce)
- Run, download, and distribute weekly and monthly reports
- Create and manage client and participant surveys
- Updates virtual folders and participant files as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A deep commitment to IISC’s mission, vision, and values.
- A high degree of technological proficiency. Experience with Zoom, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and SurveyMonkey preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Solutions-oriented mindset and ability to take initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and tracks of work while balancing results, process, and relationship
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Effective collaboration skills and willingness to learn IISC’s core collaborative methodologies
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to handle communication openly, tactfully, and effectively
- Receptive to constructive feedback along with a commitment to personal and professional development
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $36,000 - $39,000 annually.
- IISC is proud to offer a very generous benefits package including:
- 100% paid medical, and dental coverage for individual employees and dependents
- Generous paid time off
- Annual professional development stipend
- Technology stipend
- Flexible work environment
- Community care guidelines to support staff during the pandemic
- Applications will be accepted until the position is full. Start date will be as soon as possible after hiring.
- Apply via our online portal by uploading a resume and cover letter
This position is largely sedentary in nature however one must possess the ability to speak, hear, and write as well as the ability to use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
At IISC, our commitment to living social justice and racial equity extends to our people and human resources. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply and to bring their full and unique selves to our hiring process. If you practice and believe in our values of love, racial equity, and the power of networks, we’re an organization to consider in your search process.
IISC is an equal opportunity employer.
IISC hires employees regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. All applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United States.