Junior Data Engineer
- Schwanthalerstraße, München, Germany
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3 million members in 420 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea almost ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team representing around 40 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together, we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.
As part of the Business Intelligence Team you will be responsible for the upkeep and optimization of various processes and reports for a rapidly growing, international start-up.
As a Junior Data Engineer at InterNations, you will:
- extend and refine our data warehouse;
- develop new ETL processes and improve existing ones;
- monitor and visualize data;
- optimize performance;
- work on various data engineering and data science projects.
You meet the following requirements:
- university student of mathematics, computer science, economics, business, or related studies;
- ability to work diligently and without distractions;
- very good knowledge of SQL (ideally MySQL);
- understanding of data warehouse design principles;
- familiarity with stored procedures, triggers, functions;
- knowledge of ETL processes (and tools like Pentaho Data Integration);
- very good to fluent written and spoken English;
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired;
- strong “can do” mentality.
- first experience with data science;
- knowledge of Python.
· 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
· conveniently located office
· regular team events and trips
· Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
· XING Premium membership
· training sessions, team library, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
· support with visa application
· in-house yoga and German classes, discounts for gyms and a tae kwon do studio
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.