Product &Production Engineer - New Business & Innovation Deployment
- Shanghai, China
“The word impossible has been deleted from our dictionary and must remain so” -- Ingvar Kamprad
In New Business, we are entrepreneurs to make things happen!
New Business is scouting on the supplier market to identify new business opportunities for IKEA; developing new business for IKEA including reverse supply chains opportunities and supports start-ups of new sourcing markets, new suppliers, and supply chains.
Purpose of Job: Identify new business opportunities and lead the implementation of new products, as well as from purchasing perspective, secure quality and are compliance to all requirements.
- Lead industrialization of minor new product development and contribute with competence to other news developments incl. product/production risk assessment
- Lead the running range towards the suppliers and secure the supply chain is robust with an effective quality management system, right quality, and full compliance to IKEA requirements at all time
- Responsible for supplier development for quality and manufacturing with a certain term view to identify and implement action of related projects to secure suppliers’ production can achieve quality, capacity, throughput, and cost expectation
- Evaluate potential new supplier’s production facilities and quality systems
- Solid knowledge production processes and technologies, and maternal knowhow
- Strong experience in plant operation management
- Capability to evaluate the suppliers technical and quality performance to produce products
- Genuinely interested in understanding the reality of production and continuous improvements
- Make decisions and solve problems with holistic view
- Team player
This position will be integrated into the deployment team and should have a strong commitment to materials innovation. Local language capability is required as this role has many connections with local suppliers and governments.
Please apply in English and also note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates, so don’t hesitate, please send us your application asap.
If you have any questions about the actual recruitment process, please contact Olivia Wang, People & Culture Generalist at [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!