Technical Leader - Smart Sound|IKEA Home Smart
- Älmhult, Sweden
At Business Area (BA) IKEA Home Smart, you will join an amazing group of talented, passionate people with an entrepreneurial mindset who are set on democratizing the smart home. We develop smart sound products to enable a smarter life at home for people all over the world. We are curious and passionate about creating solutions that solve real-life problems and help people realize their dreams.
The Technical Leader is a central role in our Development Team, leading the technical development of audio products from the concept to the production start, working together with global leading audio brands, partners, and suppliers.
As Technical Leader, you are:
- Driving the engineering development of the new products, features, technology, and materials
- Planning and securing the execution of all engineering deliverables and activities according to the project timeline
- Inspiring, and creating clarity for engineers, teammates, partners, and suppliers
- Implementing the Sustainability and Quality directions in the new development
- Have a lot of fun!
- Working in an environment with a focus on a healthy work-life balance
To be successful, we believe that:
- You have 5+ years of experience in an engineering leading position with audio/electronic products, or similar
- You are a great team player
- You have in your background, first-hand experience with principal engineering tools and methodologies, system engineering, requirements management, digital engineering, embedded hardware, and software development.
- You can run multiple projects simultaneously striving for resources effectiveness
- You identify and communicate expectations and priorities in a clear, respectful, and straightforward way.
- You enjoy solving technical problems
This role is a full-time position based in the Älmhult office. If you have any questions about the role please contact our Hiring Manager Luca Colciago via [email protected], and for questions about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact People & Culture Recruiter Aorui via [email protected]. We will take interviews continuously.
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plantballs that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping our co-workers going for over 75 years. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home.
IKEA of Sweden, or IoS, is responsible for developing the IKEA range and making it available to stores and customers all over the world. IoS is based in Älmhult – the heart of IKEA and the center of IKEA range development