Cyber Security Specialist |IKEA Home Smart
- Älmhult, Sweden
At Business Area (BA) IKEA Home Smart you will join an amazing group of talented, passionate people with an entrepreneurial mindset who are set on democratizing the smart home. We develop smart products to enable a smarter life at home for people all over the world. We are curious and passionate about creating solutions that solve real-life problems and help people realize their dreams.
To succeed, we look for new ways of integrating technology and digital solutions into furniture and life at home. We explore opportunities throughout the home, and we work closely with other Business Areas to both drive transformation of the existing range and develop new smart products to attract new customers to IKEA. We’re still at the beginning–there is lots more to come.
Having good security is one of the most important things for IKEA Home Smart and we are now looking for a Cyber Security Specialist that can help us build the future of IKEA Home smart. Our ethos is security and privacy by design. We expect security to be a built-in quality aspect, not a bolted-on property.
As a Cyber Security Specialist, you will work closely together with the architects and software engineers and focus on enabling IKEA to develop secure and high-quality products. You will become a member of our cyber security team, support the secure development of products and help to shape the future of IKEA Home smart.
We are looking for a person with a few years of experience as a developer, preferably in multiple programming languages and frameworks, and a good understanding of software security.
You are required to have a good understanding of agile ways of working and be inspired by working in a product-oriented organization.
As a person, we believe that you
- Have a genuine interest in cyber security, be used to manage highly confidential information, and act with a strict level of professional discretion.
- Have powerful analytic capabilities as well as an ordered and structured approach to problem-solving.
- Have good communication skills and the capability to build strong relations with the internal developer community.
- Are passionate about creating the best technical solutions for our customers at the right price with the right quality, beautiful in design, and with a focus on sustainability.
- Are pragmatic and ensure that we enable the business to flourish, today and tomorrow.
- Excel when confronted by an open-ended situation.
It will be a plus if you have experience in some of the below areas:
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle (Secure SDLC)
- Code Reviews
- Threat Modeling
- OWASP / BSIMM or similar “frameworks” for software security
- Static/Dynamic/Interactive Code and 3rd party analysis tools and processes
- Security in the Cloud
- Cloud-native security frameworks and controls
- Hands-on experience in building large-scale, secure cloud-based solutions
- Embedded systems, IoT, and Hardware-based attacks
We believe that you are passionate to drive, explore and understand how things are built and how they break. Where theoretical knowledge helps you, it is backed up by practical skills learned and honed beyond what can be taught.
Please contact [email protected] for more information about the recruitment process.
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plantballs that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping our co-workers going for over 75 years. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home.
IKEA of Sweden, or IoS, is responsible for developing the IKEA range and making it available to stores and customers all over the world. IoS is based in Älmhult – the heart of IKEA and the center of IKEA range development.