Transport Planner - Supply Chain Operations
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics is the organization that forms a link between the factory floor and the products on IKEA store shelves. We work with 1600 Suppliers all over the world for home furnishing, transport, logistics and distribution services, components and food.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We are now looking for a new Transport Planner to join our team in Älmhult. (permanent contract)
As a Transport Planner, you will work in close cooperation with your team but also our carriers and other stakeholders in the Supply Chain to find the optimal transport solution.
Your focus will be to:
• Investigate and solve claim issues
• Secure total logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective by booking optimal transport solutions under the consideration of IKEA supply chain stakeholder preconditions.
• Monitor & Follow-up the shipments to secure availability for our customers and secure proactive communication with internal IKEA supply chain stakeholders and external Service Providers, in case of delayed and/or changed deliveries.
• Work in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. carriers, suppliers) to solve operational deviations and search for solutions to avoid them in the future
• Actively contributes to the development of the Delivery Operations process, system and the Global Working Methods within the Supply Chain.
We are looking for you who are team player and have excellent communication skills and work in a structured way. You should be able to work on your own and take ownership of the task that you are responsible for at the same time; give and take support from the team. You are an early adapter with a flexible mind set and has a willingness to work in a constantly changing international environment and enjoys finding new ways of working. We believe you have plenty of energy and curiosity to learn. We see that you are a person that is driven and dares to challenge people around you.
We believe that you have/are:
• Related working experience with good knowledge in logistics
• Education within Logistics or supply chain or experienced within the same field
• Capability of building effective and trustful relationships
• Good presentation and communication skills
• Knowledge of relevant tools and working methods in the Supply Chain
• Fluent in Swedish and English both written and verbal
• Work Permit in Sweden
In return IKEA offers you a challenging position with great development possibilities. You will work in an environment where your ideas are heard, where there is an opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”.
IKEA offers down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. You are also sharing our values and want to take responsibility for making these values a living reality in our everyday life.
Please note this position is permanent and based in Älmhult, Sweden. Kindly apply before 31st May 2021.
Please send your application in English and note that we do not accept applications by email.
Welcome with your application!