- Älmhult, Sweden
What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better?
The answer is simple: You can. This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
At IKEA Marketing & Communication we create world-class creative communication based on real needs, and help the IKEA brand reach and inspire more people. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures – because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. But of course, we never forget our Swedish roots, which means our workday is sprinkled with words like “tillsammans”, “fika” and "påhittighet".
We’re on the lookout for passionate doers, idea makers, creative thinkers - people who want to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet.
Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life? Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to paper or pixel? Then keep on reading.
This assignment is about combining creativity, story-telling and technology, to define, create and deliver great communication that engages target audiences and strengthens IKEA business goals and identity. Through this you contribute to stimulating home furnishing interest, building a strong brand position and increase visitation. It’s a role where you define and research the assignment and lead and collaborate in creative teams (Creative leader, copywriter, interior designer, photographer, 3D artist etc)
Within your assignment you will also:
- Set the strategic direction for the communication.
- Create communication concepts together with a core team according to IKEA positioning and communication strategies, Tone of Voice, trends, smart production methods and up to date consumer insights.
- Explore possibilities/limitations to reach relevant target audience in all media platforms (Web, Mobile, Print, Film, Social media, Store, Exhibition & events etc.)
- Generate and develop ideas to be visualised through communication, sketches and storyboards together with team members.
- Execute ideas into communication together with the creative team and oversee production and delivery.
- Develop and maintain good relations and excellent collaboration with all team members and stakeholders, within and outside IKEA Communications.
You are skilled at turning strategies into creative concepts. You love collaborating at all levels of an organisation, including presenting and selling-in your ideas, and working closely with internal partners. You’ll be open to exploring new ways of doing things, and be willing to take on assignments big and small.
You’re a strategic thinker who is self-motivated, adaptable, talented and passionate about communication and collaboration. You have innovative ideas and you’re not afraid to ask ’what if?’. You’re focused on meeting your deadlines but willing to lend a hand when needed.
You are curious by nature and passionate about people’s life at home, and up-to-date in design, fashion, retail and digital trends. You have a great interest in consumer behaviour and social and cultural trends.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day can be different, and have a core motivation in development, learning and sharing knowledge.
A passion for home furnishings is a given, and a keen interest in sustainability always a plus!
We also believe you have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience – education and/or working experience in communication design, art direction, visual communication or equivalent, in an international setting.
- Experience in leading a creative team through execution of communication assignments from concept development to delivery in an omnichannel environment. Shown in personal portfolio.
- Ability to embrace and develop a strong brand identity
- Deep knowledge in visual design, layout, typography, photography and consumer behaviours.
- Up-to-date knowledge of today’s multi-channel landscape, market and industry trends.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and manage your own workload.
- A flexible mindset, and are comfortable working in an unpredictable environment.
- Good knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite.
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world.
Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you
We look forward to receiving your application in English latest 3rd of May 2022. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Alice Garbocci at [email protected] If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter, Marie Sandman on +46 768545309