Business Developer, Category Ocean & Air
- Shanghai, China
The Supply Chain Operations organisation with its about 800 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
As a Business Developer Category Ocean & Air you are a part of the global team and report to the Business Development Manager. You are responsible for establishing strong business relationships with current and new service providers. You ensure that the development work and the daily performance secures a partnership that benefits IKEA in the long term. This includes setting clear goals and development plans, supporting both carrier and category development. You work together with other functions in and outside of the Ocean Category, such as the category analysts, trade lane teams, business, operations, and sustainability developers. You should continuously look for opportunities to improve the IKEA transport network set-up, matching the service provider’s offer with IKEA’s needs today and tomorrow in regard to capacity and sales growth, sustainability development and operational efficiency. Additionally, you contribute to the development of global sourcing procedures and methods. During tender projects you are responsible for all stages from invitation to contract implementation.
As a person you are business and commercially minded in addition being cost conscious as well as experienced in negotiating with business partners. You have a strong drive, desire and motivation to improve and look for better solutions. You are self-motivated and have the ability to organise, structure, and prioritise numerous tasks. We believe that you have experience in project management and change processes. We place emphasis on your personal skills; to be successful in the role it is very important that your communication and social skills are excellent, and that you are solution-oriented. Most importantly, you also have the ability to create and develop business relations. You are inspired by the IKEA culture and values. The role will require up to 20% travel throughout the year, so you must be willing to travel.
• prefer 5+ shipping company experiences with business developer role or key account manager role
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications in a customer centric way. With ability to maintain strong information flows back to internal stakeholders.
• Management experience of contract documentation, templates and processing tools experience with proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management. Experience in leading cost reduction and value improvement programs.
• Fact driven, strong analytical skills with ability to understand cost models, sourcing results and financial and operational impact. Ability to ensure that Direct Procurement Operations targets and metrics on supply and quality are delivered. Monitor these metrics where required, with a mind set for constant improvement.
• Ocean expert with broad global overview from benchmarking and analyzing best practice with proven ability to lead strategic and tactical sourcing projects and to share relevant knowledge.
• Awareness and understanding where Company risks and opportunities exist.
• Curious mind set for constant improvement.
• Eager to drive our ambitious sustainability and Category agenda ideally with proven project management experience.