Production Engineer (Plastic material)
- Prague, Czechia
IKEA Purchasing Services Czech Republic cooperates with furniture and home furnishing manufacturers in Europe and distributes it worldwide. Our task is to find and develop suppliers to produce furniture with perfect design and quality for as many people as possible. There are about 150 of us in Prague - Zlicin, a team made of over 20 nationalities.
Are you interested what is it about to work at Ikea Logistics Services? Check the reviews of our colleagues on www.atmoskop.cz :)
At IKEA, we see things a little differently. We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve lower prices.
- You can have the confidence and freedom to do things your own way, including organizing your time. Your well-being is our priority. A variety of rewarding work awaits you, which you will be able to combine alongside your hobbies or family.
- Use opportunities for learning and growth working with suppliers! You will be able to travel to look at various manufacturing companies, understand new and different technologies, people and cultures.
- Everybody is seen as a talent. In regular informal talks with your manager you can explore your development and carrier opportunities. We will support you on the way by internal and external trainings. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will work in a small, 3-member micro-team with a Business Developer who negotiates prices and take care of the overall commercial relation with the supplier and a Supply Planner who handles logistics in the Plastic segment team. As part of the annual action plan, you will be responsible for the constant improvement of the quality of IKEA products as well as the production process and workflow through tools such as 5S, Lean, and machine capacity utilization. All with the aim of reducing production inefficiencies, in terms of sustainability and business ethics. You will also perform:
- Developing relationships with suppliers – the micro-team regularly travels to the field in order to understand and solve issues firsthand, we see production from the ground up, help with the implementation of action plans, and cooperate in audit processes,
- Data analytics – this will be a primary function and most of your office-hours
- Operation – helping suppliers with entering up-to-date product documents into the system to secure compliance, resolving claims from A to Z, regular communication with suppliers (emails, calls), meetings with management and the team
Please read what you need for the role:
- Proven experience from Quality & Compliance / Production environment, good knowledge of plastic materials properties (if any other, feel free to contact us, we might consider your application for different team), production processes and technologies,
- The ability to think out-of-the-box and critically in the constant search for ways to improve our products,
- Analytical thinking, which you will use in analysing processes from the beginning of product implementation, to data evaluation and finding improvements, cost savings, better design or quality,
- Patience and good communication to help you find common ground with suppliers of different nationalities and to meet IKEA’s business demands,
- The ability to manage time well, to balance between the factory floor and office work.
People within IKEA value a culture of humbleness and open-mindedness. We don't have a rigid hierarchy system and encourage everyone to talk to anyone, and we don't have a dress code. We are characterized by enjoying long discussions and a relaxed, natural order with a great deal of personal responsibility. We want people proactive, engaged, internally motivated for results and eager to learn.
IS THIS YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
We are looking forward to meeting you :) If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or the job, feel free to contact me: Marie Vesela: [email protected]; +420730803352