- Malmö, Sweden
The world is changing, and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world and to be accessible, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
About Inter IKEA Systems and Core Business Franchise
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. is the franchisor and the owner of the IKEA Concept, including the IKEA trademarks.
In Core Business Franchise we are responsible for the IKEA strategic framework and keeping it together through an IKEA Concept which is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up together with all IKEA trademark users.
About Knowledge Graph team
At IKEA our Knowledge Graph team are creating the opportunity for digital acceleration across the entire organization as part of large-scale data transformation and requires an experienced Operations Engineer to join this exciting and growing team.
The IKEA Knowledge Graph is key to the creation of an IKEA Ontology that connects the knowledge contained in structured and unstructured data across multiple sources. Building on this, products we create will make the knowledge consumable for all IKEA trademark users - by providing well documented and tested APIs and tools that allow for the creation of new digital experiences and allow existing ones to harness this new technology.
Scalability, Performance and High Availability are built-in as features, to allow us to distribute knowledge services to retailers and stakeholders across +50 markets around the IKEA globe. Automation and Observability are key requirements not only for the technical team, but for all teams across the IKEA business.
As DevOps engineer for the Knowledge Graph team, you will need to create and implement plans for robust and scalable Azure infrastructures that allows the team to provide its products to IKEA’s knowledge domain owners - where they can model the graph following both legal structures and internal IKEA governance principles and at source.
Networking and connecting with peers across the organization will be essential and provide growth opportunities in defining governance, and creating infrastructure and pipelines for model deployment, machine learning and data science that will be used across multiple initiatives.
Working closely with software engineers you’ll support the creation of deployment pipelines of the IKEA knowledge graph applications to multiple environments and provide training of best practices. For production environments we enforce necessary standard practices for secure coding and well tested code and achieve high availability and performance.
As DevOps Engineer you will:
· Be the primary technical contact for developers and architects to create the Knowledge Graph infrastructure requirements within Azure
· Have responsibility for maintaining the environments required for product delivery with continuous deployment
· Have responsibility and ownership of tooling for continuous integration and selecting tools that meet the teams needs
· Create and implement a plan for repeatable automation of testing, integration and deployment pipelines
· Champion communication between the Knowledge Graph team and the wider IKEA DevOps initiatives
· Make key decisions in areas of Automation and Observability while working with the business to create reporting that adds business value.
Contributes to the development of standards of the Inter IKEA Group – to allow digital innovation and exploring through new technologies and methods that boost innovation and development productivity.
As the ideal candidate you have:
· 5+ year in dedicated Operations/DevOps role within an Enterprise environment
· Experience with deployment of large-scale container services within cloud platforms (Azure preferred but not required)
· Experience with setting up infrastructure as code and developer-friendly deployments
· Setting up and operating an end-to-end integration and automated deployment pipeline.
· Knowledge of release preparation and release readiness in a technical environment.
· Experience and fundamental knowledge of test automation tools.
· Experience with agile development practices and cross-functional collaboration
· Some experience of leading other DevOps engineers within a larger organisation
We also believe that you have a combination of the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
· Knowledge of the IKEA vision, IKEA key values and IKEA Identity.
· Able to focus on possibilities and opportunities and to work with simple and effective methods, the IKEA way.
· Proven ability to develop good practices and driving continuous improvement in performance.
· Proven ability to embed a culture of agile working and continuous improvement within the team and greater organisation, encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership and accountability.
· Actively acquires new knowledge and skills and champions new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance.
· Changes direction as appropriate based on new ideas, approaches, and strategies.
· Collaborates with others in physical and virtual meetings to achieve goals.
· Ability to understand the complexity of the IKEA business and the role of technology as an integrated part of the business.
· Enjoys working with many people and forming strong relationships and networks.
· Curiosity, passion and energy to learn and develop every day.
Genuine interest in life at home and home furnishing.
It is a full time position (40h/week) located in Malmö, Sweden – work will be in a mixed mode with some on-site days and some travel may be required (as per local Covid restrictions). The position is a 2 years assignment, that is very likely to become a permanent position.
Any candidate must be able to legally work within Sweden and no relocation support is offered for this position. Please send a CV and optional letter of motivation in English.
Closing date for this role will be 14 November 2021 and we will assess and interview candidates continuously as the applications come in.