Automation & Design Leader-SCD
- Shanghai, China
IKEA Core Business Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
A year ago, Supply Chain Development (SCD) was created as a new business unit in Core Business Supply and we are on an exciting journey! By gathering the end-to-end supply chain development and innovation agenda into one organization, embedding management and development of processes and digital solutions into the business, we will meet the future with the right competences and business capabilities. By this we will also create the preconditions to a world class supply chain that enable IKEA to efficiently respond to the ever-changing customer needs. Read more about SCD here
Within the SCD area of Intralogistics we are is responsible to establish, lead, support and develop logistics solutions for the various IKEA units that have a logistical and fulfilment component, including the development and innovation agenda of intralogistics at IKEA global. In practical terms, Intralogistics shall lead and educate in creating concepts, processes and solutions for IKEA Handling and Storage as well as to act as centre of expertise for all establishments of logistics units around the globe. The organisation is in strong lead towards a more mechanical and automated goods handling.
Do you get energy from influencing, interacting and working together to deliver great business results, this is probably a very interesting assignment for you!
About the job
As an Automation & Design Leader you´re responsible for the execution of automation & design tasks in intralogistics projects. You will also be responsible for the development of layouts and designs, performing analyses of existing layouts and provide guidance for improvements of intralogistics systems and solutions. You are responsible perform tender processes and contract management and you are an expertise for all automation & design related requests. Moreover, you are responsible for the performance of project based business analyses, risk assessments, scenario planning and to draw conclusions to support the right business decisions for automation and design within Intralogistics and you will be responsible for internal quality assurance for layout and design tasks.
About the assignment
As the Automation & Design Leader you will among other tasks:
- Responsible for the quality gate process of all internal Intralogistics layout and design deliverables
- Develop the internal education concept for the Intralogistics design and system implementation
- Facilitate training "camps" for specific target groups like project leaders and other Intralogistics stakeholders
- Perform industry benchmarking and technology comparisons
- Evaluate new technology coming from the DN’s and other areas within IKEA
- Provide Automation & Design consultancy support for other business units
- Recommend actions to enhance automation performance
- As the technical expert, guide, support and coach on all Intralogistics Automation and Design topics
- Challenge vendor and in house developments on all aspects of layout and design
- Develop intralogistics Handling and Storage components/solutions towards IKEA proven Solutions for a logistics or fulfilment unit
- Contribute in global intralogistics approval forums (PIRC)
- Contribute to the commissioning and Implementation of the Intralogistics Set Up
- Contribute to professional and long-term relationship with franchisees and other IKEA companies through IKEA way of doing business, based on co-operation, trust and transparency.
- Travels are included periodically in this position
As a person, you have a strong interest in supply chain and intralogistics as well as in technology, digitalization, automation and robotics. You have a passion for planning and leading in a global assignment and to drive and develop the business and yourself to deliver excellent results. Moreover, you have a desire to collaborate and interact with various stakeholders.
We also see that you have:
- Deep understanding of Intralogistics and the connection as part of the IKEA Supply Chain
- Deep knowledge in dimensioning and planning of layout and design for a fulfilment unit
- Basic understanding of Warehouse Management Systems and Material flow Control Systems
- Deep knowledge of the Warehousing Concept and the establishment process
- Good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering result
- Fluent in English both written and verbal