Global Project Management Professionals
- Älmhult, Sweden
Business Development Project Office (BDPO), IKEA of Sweden, Älmhult
Business Development Project Office is leading some of the most important strategic movements in IKEA Core Business Supply going forward. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for exceptional problem solvers and inspiring project leaders. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
Business Development Project Office (BDPO)
BDPO is a competence centre for Project Management and a global function for delivering strategic projects across business units within IKEA Core Business Supply*. We are a team of approximately 30 enthusiastic project management professionals with the mission to strengthen and accelerate strategic business development. We partner up with our stakeholders to secure full delivery, on time or faster, in every project. We primarily focus on supporting the following types of projects:
- Strategy, business planning, business- and capability model development, operating model design.
- Business transformation and organisational development.
- Digital enablement and business acceleration.
- Value chain design and optimisation, incl. Sourcing, manufacturing, services, logistics.
- Production concept development.
- Development and deployment of new materials and innovations.
- Performance and process improvement, including new process design and process re-design.
BDPO is also a place to accelerate co-workers´ competence development and export talents further into IKEA.
Since our start, we have contributed to delivering over 200 strategic business development projects of different types; Operational integration of business units, Material direction, Strategic direction for Categories, Logistic innovation lab, Transactional finance transformation.
In BDPO we have two types of project management roles; Business Development Project Leader (BDPL) and Business Development Project Partner (BDPP). We work in project group constellations that usually consist of one BDPL managing and being overall responsible for the project and one or several BDPP(s) contributing to the projects by leading delivery streams, having responsibility for specific deliverables.
In both roles, you simultaneously work with a number of complex projects in a truly global environment with project members, functional team members, and business stakeholders all over the world. You enable and secure excellent performance in every project by managing scope, time, project resources, stakeholders, costs, risks, scenario planning, communication and change management.
We search for individuals who can adapt their leadership and communication approach when needed to always maximise the value creation for IKEA. In the role, you act as an important ambassador of IKEA values and a role-model for fact-based business leadership.
Business Development Project Leader
In this assignment you will:
- Play a key role in leading the overall project and its value streams throughout the project life cycle, from the initial assignment through the completion/implementation, securing a fact-based and inclusive approach, and manage dependencies, involving and engaging stakeholders to deliver excellent results.
- Develop high performing project teams, coach and support the project members in a global and multicultural environment.
- Actively contribute to the continuous development of ways of working, processes- and project management, and strategic business development capabilities both within BDPO and the Supply project management community.
- Contribute to attracting talents in recruitments processes for project management roles.
Business Development Project Partner
In this assignment you will:
- Play a key role in the project by leading or supporting one or several value streams throughout the project life cycle, together with motivating the team to achieve its common goals.
- Lead the way with outstanding business analyses, solving complex problems and strong entrepreneurial drive.
- Proactively contribute with knowledge & experience to the BDPO team & stakeholders.
We are looking for exceptional talents and problem solvers. We believe that you are a self-starter with lots of positive energy, entrepreneurial drive, passion for business and people and a mind-set which always looks for better ways. You are committed to high standards in everything you do, and act and lead with sense of urgency.
To succeed in any of these roles, you have a solid business understanding and background, solid skills and experience in working with projects across multiple functional areas.
… a talent for identifying business opportunities and creating, developing and anchoring business cases
… great analytical skills together with can do-attitude
… a strength in doing business with a holistic view
… excellent communication- and people skills combined with strong self-awareness, adapting your leadership to specific situations and individuals, and embracing challenges
… the ability to build strong relationships and to influence and challenge in a constructive and professional way, always with a positive mind
… a capability to deliver results through involving and engaging people, who may be in remote locations
You lead by example and proactively contribute by sharing your knowledge and experience.
We believe in your ability to lead in the unknown and your readiness to hit the ground running in this challenging assignment from the day one.
For Business Development Project Leader, you additionally have:
… extensive skills and experience in managing and delivering large projects in complex and global environments across multiple industries and business segments
… an outstanding ability to analyse a business, identifying and navigating risks and opportunities and to create, develop and anchor business cases
… a proven record of high performance in leading and developing business and solid experience with managing change
Experiences in one or several of the following fields will be beneficial in both roles: Strategic Sourcing/Category Management, Supplier Development, Logistics development, Digital transformation, Organisational development, Finance and Business Navigation, Process design and development, Human-centred design, Manufacturing, People & Culture, Innovation development and deployment, Management consulting.
We look forward to receiving your application (CV + motivation letter) in English as soon as possible and by latest 27.10.2021. We really want to get to know you, so please tell us why you would be a great fit for this role, what gives you energy, what is the environment that makes you shine, and what it is that you want to develop.
For more information about the role, please contact one of our BDPO Development Managers:
Daniel Lindström ([email protected]), Marie Larsson ([email protected]), Raul Jimenez Guitierrez ([email protected]). If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact People & Culture recruiter Zuzana Vackova, [email protected]
This is a permanent position based in Älmhult, an inspirational working environment, based on creativity and innovation, which gives you the opportunity to work and interact with people from all around the world. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö, and an IKEA shuttle bus running back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.