Platform Operations Leader
- Delft, Netherlands
You see things a little differently. So do we! We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
IKEA platforms to connect to more of the many people
Retailing is changing fast and IKEA is taking the next steps to grow in the new retail world that is characterized by ever-changing customer behaviors all over the world. By adding digital platforms to our omnichannel IKEA concept we can reach and interact with more of the many people where they are and improve their shopping experience.
The assignment is to develop the IKEA Platform Approach to reach people where they are; to reach and interact with the many individuals so that they become IKEA fans and/or part of an IKEA loyalty club, and to drive traffic to IKEA websites/stores. This will be developed in a way that the selected platforms will be made in a scalable way for all existing and coming franchises and done in alignment with our digital transformation journey.
- by co-developing strategy, content areas and customer journeys
- by co-developing partner setup, process and evaluation
- By developing platform setup as a part of the IKEA Franchise system
- by sharing, learning and co-developing the platform, marketplace(s) along the way
- by conceptualising and making it available for all current and future franchisees where relevant.
- Life at Home - Complimenting products and services for a one-stop-shop for knowledge and solutions for life at home.
- Home Marketplace - A digital version of a shopping mall with IKEA being the Home Furnishing anchor store.
- Third-party partnership platform.
Curious about the role as Platform Operations Leader?
The Platform Operations Leader is responsible for the successful business setup for the IKEA platform approach, including legal, finance & cost structure, agreements and franchisee relations, etc. by :
- Developing detailed business and financial models, valuation scenarios, and recommendations for potential transactions working closely with the business support, contractual relations, group finance, legal team and relevant business support team from franchisees for all parts of the IKEA value chain.
- Leading the business setup agenda to secure the IKEA platform is integrated into the IKEA existing business and operation model and structure in a nature and mature way.
- Defining the implication of the IKEA platform approach on different business operation dimensions, including but not limited: brand, risk, finance and tax, Intellectual property, franchise agreement, etc.
- Supporting to build the business structure of IKEA platform in the whole IKEA eco-systems by working through the right competence within and outside of IKEA.
- Being responsible for looking into the initiative’s investment and outcome on how it contributes to the IKEA growth, optimal performance and sustained long-term profitability, in line with the IKEA objectives and values.
- Collaborating with product, analytics, technology, legal, finance, and other functional teams to drive deal diligence, integration planning, documentation, and implementation.
What do we expect you to bring with you?
- Documented experiences of working with high interdependencies
- Good knowledge of finance and tax from a global perspective
- Strong business case development and approvals skills
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Experience in cross-functional stakeholder management
- Experience in change management and leading influentially
- Knowledge of franchise agreements, franchise operation agreements, and development agreements
- Experience of new business establishment and operation
- Recent experience from omnichannel retailing or similar experience
- Finance, business operation and navigation background, or/and legal background
- Senior leadership experience in a large and international organisation
- Experience reviewing legal agreements and working with counsel to iterate deal documentation.
- Experience with financial modeling, analysis, and insights development.
Inter IKEA Systems offers an exciting work environment in a global marketplace with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. You will be part of a flexible, values-driven, and open organisation and get the opportunity to work with a fantastic brand! The role is based in Delft in the Netherlands. You will report to the Program Manager. Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 30 September 2021.
Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com