Public Affairs - Project Leader
- Älmhult, Sweden
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plant balls that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping our co-workers going for over 75 years. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home. Maybe you can help us?
We believe in a glorious future and to meet the needs of the many people we would like to strengthen our PA team. Curious about Public Affairs at IKEA? Please use the link https://youtu.be/IPWphsacjUY
Public Affairs seeks to share the IKEA experience and customer life at home with regulators, legislators and opinion-builders and to position IKEA Range & Supply as a trusted, competent and preferred discussion partner around priority topics for the IKEA range.
As Project leader for Public Affairs, you will be an important part of strengthening the role of Public Affairs within IKEA of Sweden, Range & Supply. Primarily, this means leading projects related to regulatory issues that impact or could impact our ability to market and sell our products in both existing and new markets, on topics such as circularity, climate, materials, forestry, trade, chemicals, product safety, labelling, due diligence. The assignment will also include:
- Lead and manage priority public affairs projects as identified by the business
- Represent IKEA of Sweden, Range & Supply in external forums
- Gather and create consensus among internal stakeholders and franchisees
- Identify and develop trusted relationships with key policy-makers, regulators, standards communities, business associations, and opinion leaders in different parts of the globe.
We believe you are diplomatic, flexible, consensus-oriented and have a high sense of integrity and ethical behaviour. You have a vast experience in engaging in public policy discussions on all levels, particularly related to policy and regulatory agendas such as materials, forestry and climate issues, for example. Furthermore, we believe you have:
- Comprehensive working experience in a relevant position such as public affairs, regulatory affairs, government affairs, or public policy and/or from working inside any national or international institution in a complex context.
- Extended language skills, with fluency in both spoken and written English and preferably an additional language such as; Russian, Chinese, Arabic or Spanish.
- Ability to travel extensively
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. Make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role. Please send at the latest 29th September.
This is a permanent position located in Älmhult, Sweden.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Public Affairs Manager Stina Wallström at +46 708 52 69 39 or if you have any questions about the recruitment process please contact Måns Persson at [email protected]