Sustainability Compliance Auditor
- Prague, Czech republic
IKEA Purchasing Services (Czech Republic) spol. s r. o. is a purchasing organization which cooperates with furniture and home furnishing manufacturers located in Europe on producing furniture with perfect design and quality for many people, and which ensures distribution into retail stores IKEA worldwide. We are a team of about 150 co-workers of over 20 nationalities.
Being a Sustainability Compliance Auditor, you will support business teams and work closely with and thru others on a daily basis to be successful and deliver results. You will secure that all IKEA requirements related to sustainability are met by IKEA business partners in a Purchase and Logistics Area. This will be done by performing verification audits in accordance with all relevant working methods.
The Sustainability Compliance Auditor will be responsible for several different things. These include but are not limited to:
- Plan and perform initial sustainability compliance gap analysis and regular audits verification activities in relation to IWAY – the IKEA Code of Conduct.
- Update and maintain all necessary systems where reports and results are registered.
- Support the business development teams during the IWAY implementation, maintenance and improvement process at supplier and sub-suppliers.
- Train, transfer knowledge and support suppliers and business development teams on requirements, working methods and compliance agenda.
- Gather and analyse information and facts to draw objective conclusions about compliance/non-compliance.
- Use verification methods including facility walkthrough, document review and co-worker interviews.
- Responsible for reviewing root cause analysis of repeat non-compliance and for creating understanding for supplier in order to achieve compliance.
- Support on an as-needed basis global sustainability projects related to sustainability compliance, responsible raw material sourcing and animal welfare.
- Position requires travelling up to 50% of working time (not in pandemic).
- You studied environmental/economical/social (related to sustainability)/technical university or sustainability is your passion and the way of life.
- You have great auditing potential (good observing and analytical skills; positive, motivating and inspirational attitude).
- You have knowledge of Sustainability related Management Systems (e.g. ISO 14001).
- You have the ability to work with and through others & work independently.
- You are self-driven with a “hands on” approach to your work.
- You are a good communicator, you are assertive.
- You have the ability to make, present, and argue your opinions.
- You have a good time management, and you respect deadlines.
- You have driving license cat. B.
- You speak fluent English and Czech or Slovak.
People within IKEA value a culture of humbleness and open-mindedness. We don't have a rigid hierarchy system and encourage everyone to talk to anyone, and we don't have a dress code. We are characterized by enjoying long discussions and a relaxed, natural order with a great deal of personal responsibility. We want people to proactive, engaged, internally motivated for results and eager to learn.
This position is open for a limited period of time.
Sounds interesting? Submit your application as soon as possible. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
Please send us your application in English.
We look forward to receiving your application!