Supply Planer in Custom Made Worktops team (m/f/d, fulltime)
- Dortmund, Germany
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishing at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the IKEA Supply organization is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality products available to our customers, under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing and Logistics Area North Europe is one of total eight Purchasing Operations Areas within IKEA, and our co-workers are based in Älmhult, Dortmund, Kaunas, and Moscow.
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. We are empowered by our vision: to create a better everyday life for the many people!
Are you are interested in how goods are delivered to the customers on time and at a lowest possible cost? Do you want to learn about production capacity planning and order flow? Do you like both, working with numbers and people? Do you want to help IKEA have happy customers and reach great business results?
We are looking for a Supply Planner to join the Custom Made Worktops team. As a Supply Planner you will be the link between IKEA and its suppliers on operational and logistic subjects. You will ensure that the agreed business setups are followed, updated, and improved to secure the highest level of product availability for IKEA's customers, with the lowest total Supply Chain cost. If you are curious, self-motivated & eager to support with your knowledge on supply chain & logistics, then this is a great opportunity for you!
As a Supply Planner you will:
- Ensure the agreed service level by monitoring and taking required action on delivery precision
- Work closely with IKEA suppliers to provide them with relevant information, training, working methods and help them develop to the required performance levels
- Take the lead in operational capacity planning at supplier level and contributing to tactical capacity planning
- Follow-up, analyze and take actions, leading supplier logistics development through value chain improvement with a total cost approach
- Continuously update requests to responsible functions within the Supply Chain, including suppliers
- Daily troubleshooting, as well as finding solutions to avoid similar problems in the future
- Be curious and motivated to find more efficient and better was of working
- Relevant university degree or equivalent knowledge from working experience
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain cost drivers and logistics, including different replenishment- and delivery solutions
- Good knowledge of production planning processes and understanding of the whole supply chain from raw material to customer would be an advantage
- Capable to run detailed data analyses
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- Organized and capable to prioritize
- Details and Solutions oriented
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Fluent English in both written and spoken.
Capabilities & Motivation
- Drive and motivation to find common interests and agenda, to build trust and partnership with stakeholders to reach common goals
- Desire to find logistic improvement opportunities and making them happen
- Comfortable to work in a routine environment (following working methods, sequences etc.) and interested in working with details in a structured way
- Energized from being the link between IKEAs needs and IKEAs orders to our suppliers
- Share the IKEA values, culture and have a strong interest to work for a home furnishings company
We offer you a variety of tasks with a fun, friendly, non-hierarchical, open and international team atmosphere. We also hope you want to contribute with your unique competence to IKEAs future growth!
Submit your application online and in English via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters as soon as possible, but latest on October 14th, 2021. If you have any questions, please send an email to the recruiting team via SmartRecruiters and we will come back to you.
Our culture and values are based on equal opportunities and we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!