- Älmhult, Sweden
In Purchasing Development, our assignment goes hand and hand with the IKEA Business Idea, created 75 years ago, as we are responsible to produce the ‘wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them. Affordability, accessibility, sustainability and quality are our main priorities. We develop and execute sourcing strategies and thus meet the supply markets/industries in 6 different categories. We are a true global organisation with 1400 co-workers placed in 27 different locations, close to the suppliers and the market. The business development teams work close together with both suppliers and Product Development.
In Purchasing Development, we have a model for driving change, and work with constant improvements to deliver to our strategy, Three Roads Forward and ultimately “To create a better everyday life for the many people”. Projects and initiatives connected to this improvement work is gathered under one umbrella – a portfolio. The work to keep all this together is consequently called Portfolio management and is managed by a Portfolio Management Office (PMO). PMO supports the achievement of the IKEA direction and strategies within Purchasing Development and IKEA Supply through strategic alignment by keeping all plans and key movements together to track value realisation and thereby drive business performance.
We are now looking to recruit a Portfolio Leader to Purchasing Development to join our exciting journey!
As a Portfolio leader you will be responsible for ensuring one Purchasing Development strategy roadmap including a portfolio of projects and initiatives that support movements towards decided business goals and directions. You will support assessing business needs, identifying gaps and creation of a balanced portfolio; actively monitoring and evaluating the portfolio, connecting with all stakeholders to ensure priority, portfolio alignment and competence development.
As a Portfolio Leader you will, among other assignments:
- Support the creation of a balanced portfolio ensuring movement towards given direction and goals, assist by recommend prioritisation to decision bodies.
- Ensure full visibility of the specific portfolio views for relevant stakeholders and the status of execution, address relevant deviations.
- Lead & contribute to continuous improvement of the Portfolio Management Process, Way of working, Solution(s) & tool(s) and related trainings.
You are a strong businessperson! We see that you are highly driven by development and constantly being on the way. You dare to think differently, and you have an agile approach and adapt as we go. You are interested in various parts of supply chain, digitisation and finding new ways of working and are highly motivated to do this by leading business through people and collaborate and interact with different stakeholders.
You have proven experience and knowledge in:
- Leading tasks in a global environment
- Setting direction, follow-up and secure plans
- Influencing and collaborating with stakeholders in a global context
- IKEA processes and organisations
- Experience from different parts of the supply chain
- Portfolio management
- Data analytics and insights on strategic, tactical and operational level
- Business analysis, risk assessment and scenario planning
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
The position is based in Älmhult (Sweden).
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Business Navigation Manager Peter Larsson, +46 70 993 64 36. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact People and Culture Recruiter Zuzana Vackova at [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application in English, at the latest September 30th.