- Älmhult, Sweden
In Purchasing Development, our assignment goes hand and hand with the IKEA Business Idea, created 75 years ago, as we are responsible to produce the ‘wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them. Affordability, accessibility, sustainability and quality are our main priorities. We develop and execute sourcing strategies and thus meet the supply markets/industries in 6 different categories. We are a true global organization with 1400 co-workers placed in 27 different locations, close to the suppliers and the market. The business development teams work close together with both suppliers and Product Development.
In the Business Navigation team we navigate and steer the business towards sustained long term profitability by being driven by the IKEA business idea, culture and values, with a focus on sustainable performance. We support business leaders with right information at the right time. We support and lead the development of the future report landscape, report applications, KPI’s, system solutions and ways to steer and follow up business performance.
We are now looking to recruit a Business Navigator to Purchasing Development to join our exciting journey!
As Business Navigator you will initiate, lead and support the development of new ways of working, with focus on simplicity, providing relevant and user friendly business information standardised for all Purchasing Development.
Your main responsibilities as a Business Navigator are:
- Take part and lead in the design and development of Purchasing Development future report landscape, report applications, KPI’s, system solutions and ways to steer and follow up business performance.
- Lead and take part in development projects in close co-operation with stakeholders from Category Business teams, Business Navigation matrix, digital data & analytics and business units within IKEA Supply organisation.
- Support performance management of the Category Areas across Purchasing Development through analysing and creating insights, identifying opportunities and improvement areas and actively sharing these.
You will be reporting to the Business Navigation Manager for Purchasing Development and work in a matrix function for Business Navigation across all Category Areas.
We are looking for goal-oriented person with the ability to lead and support development projects, implement, deliver results, and follow up. Leadership potential, ability to create clarity and strong analytical skills are a must, as is having both a holistic view and an eye for details. You are easy to build good relations and good in communication these will support you in partnering with the business to make an impact on the current and future business of home furnishing. You also have willpower and the ability to create togetherness and enthusiasm around you. You are flexible, used to handling changes and are always striving for simplicity in everything you do. You work proactively, take initiative and have the creative ability to find new solutions and optimise and challenge the existing ones.
In the role of Business Navigator we expect you to have:
- Experience from working with performance management.
- An academic degree within finance, business administration, economics or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of calculation systems, MS office package, reporting tools and business information tools such as Power BI.
- Fluent in English.
This position is based in Älmhult (Sweden).
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Business Navigation Manager Peter Larsson, +46 70 993 64 36. If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact People and Culture Recruiter Zuzana Vackova at [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application in English, at the latest September 30th.