Communication Leader for the Managing Director of IKEA of Sweden and his management team (Range management)
- Älmhult, Sweden
Can you really reach out to the whole world, while working in a tranquil idyll in the middle of the woods in the south of Sweden? In Älmhult you can. IKEA Marketing & Communication AB (IMC) is a 360 marketing and communication centre of excellence. Our assignment starts and ends with people. At IKEA, we want to reach many more of the many people with our communication and personalised experiences. To reach and connect with them, we define, plan, procure, develop, supply and sell common marketing communication, solutions and services that meets people where they are. So what happens in Älmhult definitely doesn't stay in Älmhult. It reaches practically every corner of the globe.
The Internal Communication team in IMC enable the business by ensuring that we always lead with communication and contribute to great co-worker experience driven by engagement and inspiration. For our two areas of responsibility; Core business Range and IKEA Marketing & Communication AB we:
- Enable better business through internal communication and change management for key business priorities.
- Provide expertise and tools on internal communication so managers and co-workers can lead with communication and to ensure that the right communication reach the right internal stakeholders at the right time.
- Lead the network of Communication Community across Core business Range. Facilitate the common internal communication needs in order to create clarity and smartness in ways of working and provide areas of expertise.
- Together with People & Culture, secure the co-worker perspective to enable a great co-worker experience in our daily life at work where everyone feels involved, inspired and engaged
We are now looking for a Communication Leader who wants to team up with us, realise our ambitions and take the next step into the future!
As Communication leader you lead and create effective communication securing the communication process by defining, planning, executing and following up communication to relevant stakeholders. Drive an open and sharing climate, being a role model of the IKEA values where our co-workers are informed, engaged and empowered. This role will have its primary focus on working with the Managing Director of IKEA of Sweden and his management team (Range management).
- Be a strategic and tactical communication partner to Managing Director and Range management to define and enable their communication needs and goals.
- Lead, plan and deliver internal communication plan, the communication calendar and manage the internal communication structure and flow
- Create and execute development and production of Managing Director communication such as Range Business updates, Pratstund, presentations and speaking commitments
- Create clear and actionable communication plans and communication briefs to enable efficient and effective creation, production, and follow-up. Set and agree briefs with stakeholders that clearly indicate the “what”, “why” and “when” in order to deliver business impact. Work with internal and/or external resources to deliver to the defined communication within budgets and timelines
- Contribute to the implementation of business strategies, priorities and processes through communication
- Create and execute a planned process for change management and communication together with People & Culture and Line Managers
- Be the visual, verbal and written communication expert, and responsible for creating visual, verbal and written communication within the area of responsibility
- Contribute and deliver to cross-functional assignments prioritised in the matrix/common Action Plan
To be successful in this role you have extensive knowledge and understanding of working with business and communication planning and execution, and an understanding of how communication supports and increases the impact of a business agenda, always keeping co- workers informed, engaged and empowered. Extensive knowledge of how to segment audiences and strengthen key messages to support different audiences needs and situations as well as knowledge of co-worker communication and change management, including how to tailor communication effectively to create awareness, engagement and impact, especially involving diverse target groups.
- Extensive knowledge of and passion about how to lead communication by defining, planning, executing and follow-up communication to relevant stakeholders, always keeping co-workers informed, engaged and empowered.
- You demonstrate strong IKEA leadership skills and use sound judgment to make timely and effective decisions
- Motivated by having a holistic view yet an eye for details.
- Appreciate the mix of tactical thinking and turning communication theory into practice.
- Desire to enable others and share competence securing continuous development and improvement – to mentor or coach others in communication creation and delivery.
- Passionate about life at home and home furnishing.
- Motivated to live and share our IKEA culture and values.
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written)
Does this sound like your next challenge?
We look forward to receiving your application in English latest 30 September 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Elin Sandborg, Internal Communication Manager on +46 766190027. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter, Marie Sandman on +46 768545309