Supply Planner, Textile Products
- İstanbul, Turkey
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Our office operates in Istanbul as a part of Purchasing & Logistics Area South under IKEA Supply.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve lower prices.
- You can have the confidence and freedom to do things your own way, including organizing your time. Your well-being is our priority. A variety of rewarding work awaits you, which you will be able to combine alongside your hobbies or family.
- Use opportunities for learning and growth working with suppliers! You will be able to travel to look at various manufacturing companies, understand new and different technologies, people and cultures.
- Everybody is seen as a talent. In regular informal talks with your manager, you can explore your development and career opportunities. We will support you on the way by internal and external trainings. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will work in a small, 3-member micro-team with a Business Developer, who negotiates prices and take care of the overall commercial relation with the supplier, and a Production Engineer who takes care about production process and quality. As part of the annual action plan that your team will compile, you will be responsible for improving the logistics process in order to ethically reduce logistics costs in the overall IKEA supply chain.
You will also perform:
- Planning – elaboration of forecasts for yearly quarters drawn from global partners who cover the entire product category, matching of global need forecasts with the production capacities of suppliers,
- Operation – order management, handling problems along the supply chain, monitoring shipping capacity and the smooth running of the entire logistics process, regular communication with suppliers (emails, calls), meetings with management and the team,
- Developing partnerships with suppliers – the micro-team regularly travels to the field in order to understand and solve issues firsthand and help with the implementation of action plans.
- Logistic development - creativity: a lot of today’s solutions within logistic field can be changed for better, more efficient, more simple, faster and cheaper!
Please read what you need for the role:
- Knowledge of supply chain logistics including different restocking as well as a good understanding of capacity planning, knowledge of supply chain cost drivers from raw material to customer and logistic tools such as: different replenishment methods, delivery solutions and working with lead times.
- A sense for detail: every table in Excel must be accurate and understandable while you handle a large amount of varied work – like emails, phone calls, chats with people stopping by for a talk
- You can artfully deal with people, using empathy and good communication within your micro-team and also in cooperation with suppliers and other stakeholders in the IKEA supply chain,
- Analytical skills that are necessary for working within complex IT systems, numerically demanding project orders, Excel documents and regular reports; you can identify and implement new solutions and optimize existing ones. Capability to perform complex analysis and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations.
People within IKEA value a culture of humbleness and open-mindedness. We don't have a rigid hierarchy system and encourage everyone to talk to anyone, and we don't have a dress code. We are characterized by enjoying long discussions and a relaxed, natural order with a great deal of personal responsibility. We want people proactive, engaged, internally motivated for results and eager to learn.
The position reports to Business Development Manager in Category Textile Furnishing, Textile Products Team in PLA South Istanbul.
We believe that your value is greater and more important than how much your CV can withstand.
If you are also passionate about home furnishing and if you want to be part of creating a better everyday life to the many customers and do it with a great team, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
Please submit your application as soon as possible but not later than September 30, 2021
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.