Embedded Software Engineer | IKEA Home smart
- Älmhult, Sweden
At Business Area (BA) IKEA Home smart you will join an amazing group of talented, passionate people with an entrepreneurial mind-set who are set on democratizing the smart home. We develop smart products to enable a smarter life at home for people all over the world. We are curious and passionate about creating solutions that solve real-life problems and help people realize their dreams. All on their terms. Because we believe everyone deserves a smart home. To succeed, we look for new ways of integrating technology and digital solutions into furniture and life at home. We explore opportunities throughout the home and we work closely together with other Business Areas to both drive transformation of the existing range and develop new smart products to attract new customers to IKEA. We’re still at the beginning – there is lots more to come.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you are developing high quality embedded software that is used in our physical IKEA Home smart products. You’ll work in our agile product development teams, close to our suppliers, taking our latest learnings and customer feedback into account. As embedded software engineer you’ll create software right by design. Meaning that you’ll create code with quality, testability and security in mind. That is important since you’ll operate and maintain your own code!
As Embedded Software Engineer you are responsible for:
• Applying industry standards for software engineering that support development, maintenance and rapid, continuous software deliveries;
• Delivering tested, ready to be deployed and well maintainable code that supports and enables business needs according to the agreed planning and budget;
• Following defined architectural principles, security requirements, rules, best practices, guidelines and interoperability requirements. To which you will proactively contribute as well;
• Working closely together with other software engineers and functions to produce all required design documentation and ensure that solutions work together and fulfil business needs.
You bring with you:
• Relevant experience from the IoT/Electronics/Software Industry;
• Security in embedded electronics development;
• Electronics hardware understanding;
• Experience from working with different communication protocols.
• Passionate about creating innovative solutions and great user experience in the area of smart homes;
• Driven and able to develop software and products right from the beginning;
• Experienced and motivated in working in a rapidly changing environment;
• A solution-oriented team player, curious about new technologies and open to learning more about cloud and app coding, so you are able support across our full Home smart ecosystem;
• Someone with high entrepreneurial drive, stretching boundaries, challenging what already exists and always striving to develop better products and solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. More information about recruitment and updates, please contact [email protected]