Service Provider Development Leader
- Älmhult, Sweden
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organisation with its over 800 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We are now looking for a Service Provider Development Leader to lead, develop and drive the Service Provider development agenda in Category Area Transport. Category Area Transport is a Category Area with two categories – Category Land and Category Ocean & Air, with 13 Business Development teams in different locations in Europe, US and Asia Pacific. In this role you will, based on the Service Provider Classification and Service Provider Development Process, set priorities for the Service Provider development & support the Business Development teams in developing and implementing agreed action plans with the Service Providers. You are part of the Category Area Transport Management Team.
Location can be discussed, but the position needs to be placed in one of our locations in Europe.
Your main assignments as Service Provider Development Leader are:
- in close cooperation with the Category Area management team, contribute in setting priorities and goals in the category plans to lead and support Service Provider development and develop the value chain
- As a member of the Category Area Transport management team you will contribute to category area agenda, category councils, its performance and development.
- You will also represent Category Area Transport in the projects involving total IKEA supply chain innovation and development agenda.
- Support and coach the Business Development teams in developing agreed action plans with the Service Providers through IKEA Way of doing business, based on shared business model, trust and transparency and in line with Category plans
- Lead the implementation of Service Provider evaluation framework and support the Business Development teams in assessing the Service Providers’ capabilities
- Act as mentor and coach for Business Development Managers, Business Developers and Service Provider Operations Developer and contribute to their competence development
- Share your knowledge and competence throughout the business by inspiring and empowering co-workers
To be successful in this role, you need to have good knowledge of IKEA strategic landscape, especially the supply chain strategy. You also have deep knowledge of the Service provider Development Process and the Purchase Development Process.
You enjoy working in an international environment in a diverse organisation and are driven by constantly developing the business. You have an excellent knowledge of industry and market specific conditions and macro-economic trends. Your communication skills are strong and you have the ability to deliver your message in an inspiring way. You have excellent project management competence.
You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
It comes natural for you to always act as an IKEA ambassador towards both external as well as internal stakeholders, and you perform business responsibilities based on a value- and fact-based business approach. Your entrepreneurial spirit is strong and you have a natural way of seeing business opportunities and take action.
You have high aspirations, you show ambition and hunger to improve and do better. Your dedication and commitment together with true openness and curiosity to new things really do make things happen. Your networking capabilities are well developed and help you foster long-term and successful relationships with both external stakeholders and your close co-workers. When needed you are able to work with limited guidance and lead yourself into the unknown.
You will be expected to travel from time to time to meet and build relations with our different business teams.
Please apply online with your CV and letter of motivation before 10th of October 2021. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work for us and why you would be a good fit for this role. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Darek Mroczek, Category Area Manager, [email protected]. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Fredrik Liwander, People & Culture Generalist, [email protected].
IKEA is a world leader in the home furnishing business. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Our operations include developing and supplying the global IKEA product range, including a range of IKEA food offers.