- King of Prussia, PA, USA
IKEA Purchasing Services (US) Inc.’s main office is in King of Prussia, PA and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 392 IKEA stores in 48 countries around the world.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
About the job
- Logistical ("flow") performance: Secure total logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective by booking optimal transport solutions under the consideration of IKEA supply chain stakeholder preconditions. Monitor & Follow-up the shipments to secure availability for our customers
- Daily operations: Reschedule and/or cancel shipments in case of logistical operational deviations based on Global Working Methods. Suggest improvement potentials for parameters and set-ups affecting delivery planning and execution and Global Working Methods
- Deviation Handling: Work in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. carriers, suppliers) to solve operational deviations. Follow-up operational deviations and search for solutions to avoid operational deviations in the future
- Capacity Deviations: Secure transport capacity by monitoring and requesting spot solutions within agreed frame
- Communication: Secure proactive communication with internal IKEA supply chain stakeholders and external Service Providers, in particular in case of delayed and/or changed deliveries
- Data Management: Secure correct data in our Transport systems and provide reasons codes to secure proper visibility for any deviation in our planning process. Alerts concerned parties about incorrect or missing information required for the delivery planning and execution process
- Plan and manage deliveries: Actively contributes to the development of the Delivery Operations process, system and the Global Working Methods within the Supply Chain
- Extra-costs: Follow-up NCAs (Extra-costs) and investigate all cases. Decide based on legal documents and secure documentation of each case
- Secure minimum EQU in our trucks together with Senders
- Escalate to Delivery Planning Manager in case of deviations in our planning process
- Good knowledge in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience
- Capability of building effective and trustful relationships
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant tools and working methods in the Supply Chain
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in English
- Analytical Skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html