- Tangerang, Tangerang City, Banten, Indonesia
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta; and is one of nine Purchasing Areas in the world.
It takes both brains and heart to work with us.
People are at the heart of our business. We create a better everyday life together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. Our job is to do good business while being a good business.
Leadership at IKEA is simple, clear and humble. We are not fans of bureaucracy or a complicated hierarchy. At IKEA, everyone is a “leader”. We give freedom – you take responsibility for your tasks in close cooperation with others. Most of the things we do are team efforts.
On initiative from key stakeholders across IKEA and in close collaboration and co-creation with retail markets we will deploy and sales test new business and innovations in different sales channels. The purpose is to test the commercial potential, gain fast customer verification and business case validation.
As a Deployment Leader in New Business, you will lead the project portfolio/business cases to enable IKEA to test and try new business opportunities, this with co-creation with Retail, Development Centre, IKEA colleagues within our Range & Supply set up as well as other stakeholders. When proven solution is met you as Deployment Leader secure a hand-over of the business to the HFB´s (Home & Furnishing Business / Category). Our goal is to deliver products to the sales floor in retail within 6 months.
About the assignment
• You will lead project teams from different business units in IKEA and empower the team to deliver prior the approval of the New Business assignment
• You will lead the execution of deliverables in New Business or the other Stakeholder’s assignments securing the five elements of democratic design, by shortening the distance from customer needs and supplier capability, to exceed customer expectations
• You work on development of business on factory floor in co-creation with supplier and innovation partner enabling news development according to DNP (Develop New Products) process, production, and product adaptations to create optimal conditions.
• You are proactively identifying potential new product types and promote the product offer by anchoring of business case with sponsor
• You will do deployment of new product types, adaptations, innovations, shared solutions and circularity range and new business models
• You will lead the customer and industrial verification to secure the project has deliver to set ambitions/goals for the test sales.
We are looking for you who are an optimistic entrepreneur with a “can do” attitude. Nothing is impossible! Your background is from product development, and you have good insights about how our purchasing process is working. Retail assignment at IKEA and Project Leader experience is considered as an asset. As a person you see new businesses with an analytical, structured, and methodical way. You are a change driver, initiator and you can take leadership on tasks, processes, and people, based on previous experience. You have good knowledge of DNP (Develop New Products) Process. You have excellent communication skills, and you could engage and inspire by networking cross functions and organizations. The ability to express yourself confidently and clearly in English is a prerequisite.
You will work within the field of Purchasing & Logistics in South-East Asia. Our legal company name is IKEA Supply AG, Indonesia Representative Office. You will be in Tangerang, Indonesia. Your closest team members are in Jakarta and Vietnam. You will very closely cooperate with our Development Centre South-East Asia. You will report to Adrian Cojocaru Silviu, New Business Manager South-East Asia.