Technical Manager (Hardline)
- Shanghai, China
Inter Testing & Consulting Services (Shanghai) Co., Ltd, ITCS, is the first IKEA owned test lab outside Sweden. Its combined with a training centre for our suppliers as well as our own co-workers. Here we can explain why we test, how we perform different tests and why a test report is of highest importance.
- Ensures co-workers have adequate resources to perform all aspects of work required.
- Ensures all lab co-workers are adequately trained to safely perform all required job functions and that competency records are maintained.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policy procedures in the laboratory.
- Assists Lab Manager regarding profits, costs, and expenses to meet/ exceed budgeted financial goals for the test department.
- Communicates with lab co-workers and management to promote empowerment and accountability.
- Obtains and maintains an in-depth knowledge of local market requirements.
- Understands customer requirements and organizes lab procedures, schedules and staffing to provide for meeting/exceeding same.
- Fosters customer confidence in laboratory work.
- Supports the CNAS / CMA Audit event and manages corrective/preventive actions.
- Reviews local laboratory operations for all aspects of the continuous improvement process.
- Compiles and analyse test information to determine operating efficiency of processes and equipment and to diagnose problems and malfunctions.
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures, use of equipment, and needs for new equipment.
- Ensures laboratory practices meet or exceed company policy and industry standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet testing requirements and control costs.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Lab managers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities, include interviewing, hiring, and training co-workers.
Knowledge and proven experience
- Basic management training/experience.
- IKEA product requirement and compliance.
- Test laboratory work and methods; ISO 17025.
- Knowledge and test experience in areas of Hardline.
- Experience within IKEA businesses as relevant.
- Fluent English in verbal and writing.
Motivation and Capabilities / skills
- Capability to lead, manage and motivate people
- Enthusiastic, driven and determined
- Good result orientation and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge and understanding of customer needs
- Shows example of cost consciousness and awareness of financial issues
- Accountable whilst able to delegate
- Upholds ethics and IKEA values