- King of Prussia, PA, USA
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and soon Mexico City, Mexico, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. We put togetherness at the heart of everything we do. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
As an Administrator in our Americas area, you will work within a dynamic and global organization with co-workers from all over the globe.
You are looking for a great opportunity to join a great company which optimizes your organizational, problem solving and people skills. You enjoy a dynamic, action oriented team environment and get energy from using analytical skills to find creative solution to everyday problems. The IKEA values reflect personal values. Additionally, you:
- Enjoy interacting with many different people and networks from within and outside IKEA
- Always strive to reach goals with a high level of energy and motivation.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Can multitask with a high attention to detail and without letting anything slip through the cracks
- Values seeking efficiency gains
- Will manage confidentiality in a secure and professional manner - not sure what this means Maybe – maintains a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Keen eye for opportunities for improvement
- Will work continuously towards a goal until it is completed
About the Job
In this role, you will help contribute to growth and profitability of Inter IKEA by handling the flow of people through the business in professional and efficient manner, acting as Inter IKEA ambassador and ensure compliance to office and safety policies.
About the Assignment
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain security by monitoring logbook and issuing visitor badges
- Ensure all visitors and co-workers are accounted for in case of emergency evacuation
- Create and distribute new coworker badges
- Conduct weekly checks of conference rooms and printer supplies
- Work with external vendors to provide efficient and effective services to coworkers
- Responsible for the day to day tasks that keep the office coordinated and running smoothly
- Receive and sort mail, and log incoming packages
- Auditing and logging office supplies, and ordering as needed
- Supporting Coworkers by providing equipment as needed
- Monitor general support mailbox and respond accordingly
- Assist with project and event planning
- Help support and maintain office processes and procedures
- Work with vendors to help support office functions
- Secure safety and security measures connected to the office
- Support the office running in a safe, clean, efficient and effective manner
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Minimum of high school diploma is required
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Professional programs is preferred
Applicants must have the following capabilities:
- Lift at least 50 pounds
- Read, count and write accurately
- Use the computer for long periods of time
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Multitask and manage processes
- Communicate verbally and electronically in a clear, direct and professional way with coworkers, visitors and vendors
- Capable of handling sensitive information with high integrity
- Ability to read and interpret reports and identify proactive actions that can be taken
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: www.inter.ikea.com/en/careers/work-with-us/index.html