Business Developer, Category Wood, IKEA Components
- Vyatka, Kirov Oblast, Russia, 613014
IKEA Components holds a unique position within the IKEA value chain. We develop and supply IKEA with customer friendly component solutions for better products – and better homes. This includes a responsibility for selected components and raw-material, which means develop, purchase and supply to IKEA suppliers. IKEA Components also have the assignment to provide After Sales service of components to the end customers.
We are currently on an exciting journey with the IKEA retail equipment range and IKEA Industry activities within purchase joining IKEA Components. All with the common ambition to deliver more customer value together, reduce the total supply cost and continue to grow our business and people
Category Wood has more than 300 suppliers delivering wood and wooden components, including industrial wood, saw logs, solid sawn wood, glue board, components, veneer and plywood to the main stakeholder- IKEA Industry.
This is where you come in!
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
The main scope of this role includes:
• Overall responsibility for purchase strategy development as well as suppliers’ performance and relationship
• Responsibility for building professional and long term relationship through IKEA way of doing business, based on shared business model, trust and transparency
• Professionally challenge suppliers to constantly improve all aspects of supplier performance according to supplier action plan
• Responsibility for new purchase markets development
• Leading improvement activities such as suppliers’ development process and purchase development process, to create and implement action plans together with stakeholders and suppliers
• Pro-actively working together with stakeholders and suppliers to identify and take action on opportunities and act on deviations, as well as to develop saving projects and identify cost reduction opportunities
• Leading the risk management process
To be successful in this role, we wish that you have:
• Motivation and high self-drive to work and lead in complex and volatile business environment
• Structured and fact-based approach to business development
• Extensive experience of supplier management including performance follow-up, negotiations and business development
• Knowledge of value chain principles and contract management
• Strong stakeholder management and collaboration experience as well as proven record of building relationships easily and quickly
• Ability to establish and lead cross functional project teams
• Ability to work in remote team set-up
• Strong business ethic
• Excellent negotiating and communication skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluent English and Russian (both written and spoken)
• It is advantage if you have FSC knowledge
A few more details...
Thank you for reading this so far!
This is a full time role located preferably in Vyatka as there is a need to be close to our Industry unit.
The position requires global travelling (when possible again).
For job specific questions please contact Sylwia Jankowska, Business Development Manager Category Wood, [email protected]
We appreciate your application in English as soon as possible, but no later than 30th of September 2021.