Supply Operations Developer - SCO
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics is the organization that forms a link between the factory floor and the products on IKEA store shelves. We work with 1600 Suppliers all over the world for home furnishing, transport, logistics and distribution services, components and food.
Supply Chain Operations (SCO) organization with its 700 co-workers connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimizing replenishment solutions, defining physical goods flow capacity needs, managing the goods flow, sourcing & developing transport & logistics capacities and leading & securing Supply Quality.
We contribute to customer satisfaction through securing customer perceived availability, delivering lowest cost over time, leading towards sustainability, and ensuring the right quality for all services.
We are now looking for a new Supply Operations Developer to join our team in Älmhult for a temporary assignment of 12 months.
You will secure excellence in total Supply Chain operational performance and contribute to further development, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders. You will contribute to reach customer perceived availability at the lowest total cost (considering impacts of quality, safety, service performance, sustainability).
Included assignments as Supply Operations Developer:
• You secure flow operational performance from end-to-end perspective as it is defined by respective set of KPIs/PIs within given geographical scope
• You align with supply chain stakeholders to secure logistical operational performance, as well as create preconditions for smooth and efficient Supply Operations
• You secure the implementation of new replenishment solutions in alignment with relevant stakeholders
• You identify & define constraints together with internal stakeholders to secure preconditions for efficient supply operations, follow-up and secure the execution of market-relevant plans
• You validate and optimize sending and receiving capabilities as a link between all supply chain stakeholders. You act upon fluctuations to avoid performance disruptions and increased total cost. You identify and propose volume consolidation opportunities and mid-receiver needs. Collaborate with Category Area Teams; support logistic development in new sourcing countries
• You secure correct information on constraints and availability impact to our supply chain stakeholders including our retail partners
• You work proactively with a specific range to avoid shortage in our logistic units and with that contribute to customer perceived availability
To shine in this role, we wish that:
• You have a university degree in logistics, economics or other relevant background and worked at least 1-2 years with logistics/supply chain processes
• You are an extrovert and find it easy to connect with others. You are strong in stakeholder management and can take the lead in a room
• You have the capability to build fact-based business cases in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders and find win-win-solutions within the supply chain
• You are confident in leading different projects simultaneously
• You have excellent presentation and communication skills
• You contribute with high energy and drive, inspiring both teammates and stakeholders
• You always strive to reach goals and are confident to make independent decisions
• The IKEA culture & values inspire your everyday work, and it is natural for you to act as an ambassador for IKEA
We see stakeholder management as an essential part of this role. In the role as SOD, you will be member of a team where sharing and learning together is a very important part of developing the business.
Does this sound like you? Yes? Then, why not apply?
We start this recruitment as part of unifying & strengthening IKEA Supply. Together we want to make IKEA Supply even stronger, so IKEA can be affordable, accessible and trusted by 3 billion people. Together we will take “IKEA Supply into the future”.
Please note that the position is temporary for 12 months filling in for a maternity leave.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact hiring managers Tomas Johansson, Supply Operations Development Manager, +46 766190082 or Rickard Malmström at +46 729864246.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Aivita Grockyte, People & Culture Recruiter, [email protected]
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter in English before 23rd September, 2021.
Welcome with your application!