Business Development Manager - Category Area Metal, Plastic & Float Glass
- Gurugram, Haryana, India
We are looking for a business-minded connector who gets energy by developing business through people!
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We have a unique opportunity for you as experienced leader in business and people to join a team of motivated and skilled co-workers handling the purchasing scope of Carbon Steel, Aluminium, Plastic and Electronic products in India with global supply of IKEA furniture’s and components.
As Business Development Manager for our business in India you will lead the development of the business and future opportunities in South Asia for IKEA. Being a Business Development Manager at IKEA means several things. As a part of the Category Management Team, you will actively contribute to the development of the Category Business Plan, securing business goals and developing people as well as co-creating the Category strategy.
What will you do?
- You will lead the Business Development Team; inspire and empower team and co-workers to perform to the best of their abilities and continuously develop in their assignments
- You will be responsible to establish and develop high performing and diverse supplier base which can meet needs of our business and customers
- You will aim for wished position of being the preferred business partner for existing and new IKEA suppliers
- You will optimize our value chain that can make better products and service at lower total cost for the many people
- You will set the business direction with clear Action Plan to improve and develop business and supplier performance, and deliver to Category Plan, using the Supplier Development Process
- You will secure planning and execution to fulfil the sourcing assignment and pro-actively work together with HFBs to integrate opportunities and act on deviations
- You will be an integrated part of the Category Management team where you are expected to contribute to the continuous development of our business
- You will secure compliance to IKEA Purchasing Manual and other agreed working methods
Why we will love you!
You are a senior leader who loves to ask “why…” and “what if..” and you are passionate about developing business and people. You have proven experience leading teams and a great track record of delivering results through the people you work with. You easily build trust and partnerships to reach common goals across borders and functions.
You have a strong foundation in living and sharing the IKEA culture and values. You bring a high energy and a positive, solution-oriented approach to your role as Business Development Manager. You are comfortable anticipating and leading change and very comfortable working in a remote environment.
How are you and what experience you have?
- You have the capability to lead, develop and inspire people - act as coach and mentor
- You desire to find new business opportunities and make it happen through engaging and motivating people in a large organization
- You want to build trust and relationships, in order to build long-term business partnership
- You are capable to perform business analysis, risk assessment, scenario planning and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations
- You have good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value
- You have deep knowledge of industry and market specific conditions and macroeconomics trends
- You have deep knowledge of supplier capabilities and material, service and production
- You have deep knowledge of Supplier Development Process and Purchase Development Process
- You have very good finance knowledge
- You are strong in negotiation
Why you will love us
As a part of Category Area Metal, Plastic & Float Glass, you will have access to a huge knowledge base and experience in both leadership and material, production and value chain. We offer trust and space to test and try, explore, make mistakes, and develop us and our partners. Are you ready to be part of a journey towards sustainable affordability for our customers?
You will meet the same motivated, skilled people like you on daily basis and you will have a good feeling about your job because it makes sense and your contribution is recognized!
- Attitude towards our colleagues is very simple – honest and frank employees always get a chance to grow both in their personal and career life in a way so all of us can contribute to better everyday life for us and for our customers
- We do not intend to only fill in the positions here – we want to accept unique personalities who will share our values
- We listen to our colleagues; we understand their needs and we support their ambitions and skills
- We offer a possibility to work in a fast-growing company and in an environment where people and togetherness are the main values.
Please submit your application as soon as possible however not later than 30th September. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Category Manager, André Kraby or P&C Leader, Katarzyna Kowalczyk-Krosnowska or P&C Generalist, Jaswinder Sharma.
We look forward to receiving your application, in English!