- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA Marketing & Communication AB
What if your work could help make everyday life just a little bit better?
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people – and we’re always searching for new and better ways to do it. We gather insights about life at home, learning about the needs and dreams of people all over the world. And we use our home furnishing knowledge to create products and solutions that will enable more people to live the life they want.
At IKEA Marketing & Communication, we create world-class creative communication based on real needs, and help the IKEA brand reach and inspire more people. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures – because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. But of course, we never forget our Swedish roots, which means our workday is sprinkled with words like “tillsammans” and “fika”.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer to join the Ideation & Design team at IKEA Marketing & Communication. The Ideation & Design team is made up of Copywriters, Art Directors, and UX Designers. We’re a bunch of people-centred creatives, who like to make great stuff but leave our egos at the door. Now we need more like-minded idea generators, critical thinkers, and doers – people who want to understand the everyday problems in people’s lives and use communication to help solve them.
As a UX Designer in Ideation & Design, you’ll create communication and digital solutions seen and used by billions of people worldwide. You’ll also be supporting our 200 000+ IKEA co-workers, making their everyday lives better with easy-to-use solutions.
You’ll be expected to:
- Challenge creative teams to take a user-centric approach in everything we do.
- Share your design processes and ideas in a clear and engaging way.
- Design great solutions and prototypes based on our design system.
- Plan and conduct user research and analyse and present important findings.
- Prepare and lead design sprints, workshops and ideation sessions.
- Improve the usability of existing solutions.
Who you are
You’re a born problem solver who’s always trying to make things just a little bit better, smoother, smarter. You have a genuine interest in people – how they live, what they want, how they act – and want to be a part of improving their lives.
You’re a leader that’s also a team player. You’re happy to share your knowledge, support your teammates, and also be willing to learn from them. You’re comfortable presenting and “selling” your ideas and championing the end user in creative processes. Oh, and you like a challenge (did we mention your work will reach billions?).
What you need:
- Several years’ experience in a similar role.
- A solid portfolio that showcases your skills in design thinking, usability, UI design, prototyping and accessibility.
- Deep knowledge of communication and visual design.
- Ability to develop UX solutions that also have a strong brand identity.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Contentsquare or similar analytics tools.
- Fluent English skills, both written and spoken.
We look forward to receiving your application, in English, no later than 26 September. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. If you are one of the candidates we think have the required experience, we will contact you by email or phone to plan an online interview. Please note, we do not accept applications by e-mail.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Fredrik Dogertz at [email protected] If you have questions related to the recruitment process, please contact Marie Sandman +46 76 854 53 09
Please note that this position is in Älmhult, Sweden. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities to Malmö, Lund, Växjö and Helsingborg.