Product Design Developer
- Malmö, Sweden
At IKEA BA Food IoS we are passionate food lovers that develop and provide food for the many people around the world. Every year around 680 million visitors experience a taste of Sweden in the IKEA Restaurants, Swedish Food Markets and Bistro´s in our different markets. With Food at the heart of everyday life, we offer honest food for people and the planet.
We are on an exciting journey the years to come. We will strengthen the way we work with Food and the Product Design Developer role is an essential part of that. The Food team will strive to create customer success with our offer by focusing on price and quality, design, function, taste, environment and most importantly health. Based on the needs of our customer we want to continuously challenge and develop our range and the customer experience and contribute to growth.
The Product Design Developer is part of the Range & Product Design team and reports to the Range & Product Design Manager.
The position will be based in Malmö until August 2023 then in Älmhult. At the heart of IKEA in Älmhult we will create the IKEA Food Hub where we will come together across IKEA to deliver on more healthy, sustainable & delicious food.
As Product Design Developer Chef you specialises in the development of new food, formulating recipes for both packaged products and dishes
- Act as a specialist resource and a team member in the Product Development teams working end to end in Develop News Process (DNP) process and act as the expert of recipe development and flavor combinations. Also attend tastings for recipe sign off.
- Contribute with culinary skills in the development of new recipes and products as well as to the revision of existing products.
- As a product design developer, you will be involved and working together with development teams performing research into both the product and the potential market for it.
- Secure and strengthen our IKEA design identity within Democratic Design, creating unique product design for all IKEA products & dishes
- Will support development of global, regional as well as market specific with strong insights around Swedish flavors, heritage, cooking as well regional and local.
- You’ll be someone with their eye on future developments and consumer trends and you’ll have a real passion about food!
In order to be successful in this role you come with experience from a chef assignment and flavor development & combinations of ingredients in food development business.
You should be able to put ingredients together to achieve amazing flavor experience that brings back childhood memories, the feeling of a warm summer day and nostalgic home cooked meal and so on. You should know what flavors works well together and not, what, and how much ingredients of each to balance the flavors – always starting with the price tag.
You have good knowledge of recipe and menu development as well as restaurants/ food service operations as well as consumer packaged goods. You have a broad knowledge of Swedish ingredients, flavors, processing, and cooking methods. You have the natural ability to cook, and a desire to share that passion and knowledge with others.
You are result oriented and able work and deliver many projects simultaneously under time constrains. You could work in a complex, constantly changing, international working environment. Comfortable communicating with multiple stakeholders.
The passion for Food and the IKEA Food Journey as well as for the IKEA Food Health and Sustainability Strategy is obvious and you want to be hands on working to deadlines to make things happen.
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role. The last day to send your application is September 20th 2021. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Anh Linh +46 728865143 [email protected] or Marie Sandman at +46 768545309