Painter/Surface Finisher-Temporary contract for up to 1 year
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA of Sweden (IOS), Älmhult, is where the IKEA products is developed and made available to our stores and customers all over the world. It is here that we explore the future and create ideas and innovations for a better everyday life at home for the many people. With the IKEA vision – to create a better everyday life for the many people - as a starting point, we focus on creating capabilities and solutions that are relevant in the life at home today and tomorrow.
Workplace Production is an exciting internal function within IKEA of Sweden. Our assignment is the development, production and delivery of assignments within Interiors, Build services, Events, Installation and other related assignments.
We make reality of the ideas with good skills and effective working methods and techniques. From the sketching board to prototypes and further into production.
Workplace Production is looking for additional co-workers for delivery of assigned projects.
- A common day in the team often starts with a request from our assignors.
- It could be technical challenge within the development process, build needs or other production challenges or simply act as a painter/surface finisher.
- Depending on projects you may need to step into defining and clarifying our assignors need into existing production solutions or developing new solutions.
- As a speaking partner towards our assignors where you share your knowledge and ideas concerning choice of material, techniques, assembly, comfort, surface treatment, production methods or other related area
You act according to IKEA values and have knowledge and experience within the following areas:
- Educated and proven certified or equal experience within the fields of surface treatment.
- Ability to lead other coworkers and hired consultants/contractors at our build site or at our production facility.
- Deep material and chemical knowledge and production techniques.
- Driven in product development and creative solutions.
- Ability to be flexible and perform in the fields of build carpeting, surface treatment, painting, and metal works.
- Have a genuine interest in learning, renewing and developing.
- Flexible and assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned and driven by working together with others.
- Have a strong motivation and deliver with high quality.
- A true problem solver with open and curios mind who always have the business and customer in focus.
- Swedish and English in spoken and written are preferable.
Please send us your application in English – CV and motivation letter – no later than 15th Sept. 2021. We look forward to receiving your application, please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Hiring Manager Anders Filipsson at [email protected]. If you have questions regarding this role or recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Katie Pettersson on +46 702 99 42 48.
We are looking forward to your application!