Product Design Developer-BA Bedroom
- Älmhult, Sweden
Do you want to be a part of creating a better everyday life for the many people? In Älmhult, Sweden you can. Älmhult is home to IKEA of Sweden. Here the IKEA range is developed and made available to stores and customers all over the world. We are here to offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them. That is our promise, and we do this every day with great passion and energy.
Business Area Bedroom is a stable and successful business and has been for many years. To secure a future as successful as the past, we are building a renewed, improved and wider bedroom offer for the future for an ever-changing complete bedroom business.
Do you have a passion for home furnishings and creating a great offer? Are you inspired by people’s real life at home? Are you motivated by reaching more of the many people through a desirable and affordable range offer? Are you interested in leading product development, change and improvements keeping the consumer and the business in focus?
Right now we are looking for a Product Design Developer for our Business Area (BA) Bedroom.
In BA Bedroom we are a group of down-to-earth, straightforward people with a passion for home furnishings. We come from all over the world, but we share an inspiring vision: “to create a better everyday life for the many people”. As we’re a global company, English is our working language and any international experience is a plus.
We develop safe, affordable quality products for a functional, beautiful, relaxing and more organised life at home. Everything we do is based on a spirit of togetherness and enthusiasm, and we are now looking for someone who shares our positive attitude and values. As a Product Design Developer, you play a key role in our quest to improve everyday activities and needs connected to sleeping and organising clothes & shoes.
Do you want to join our fantastic team?
- Have a can-do attitude, who love delivering projects on time, who is a born coordinator (people & products) and who can react to current and future trends; colours, materials etc.
- Have deep insights into the needs and dreams of consumers and their life at home realities across the globe and you who have the know-how to lead design processes with an entrepreneurial & collaborative approach.
- Bring product ideas to life through attention to all dimensions of the IKEA Democratic Design process; form, function, sustainability, low price and quality.
- Be part of engaging the full capabilities of the value chain (from supplier to consumer) to deliver democratic design products with unique IKEA identity to create a better everyday life for the many people.
- Work together with a multifunctional team of experts in design, sourcing & supply, engineering, marketing & communication and sales.
- Together with your team you create the final home furnishing product through a holistic and customer centric approach.
- Leading the design development of better products delivering to all 5 dimensions of Democratic design being the specialist in form and function always starting with the price tag.
- Lead the content of the product development project with both vision and action.
- Securing IKEA unique identity and Democratic Design in each and every product.
- Transforming knowledge in life at home to insights and into actions on a product level.
- Co-creating with development partners throughout total value chain, from consumer to supplier.
- When applicable, utilising existing platforms, shared solutions, standard colours and materials to design for the lowest price possible.
- Identifying and enabling stories of the product design development to be used in communication.
- Contributing to creating a high performing project team.
- Contributing to creating the Range and Product plan.
In order to be successful:
- You need to work closely with your team members and be capable of visualizing ideas and concepts in a simple, clear and inspirational way to bring people onboard in the product development process.
- Work in close collaboration with other project teams within the business area, as well as across other departments.
- You have a genuine interest in people, their life at home and developing products; someone who has the ability to see things from a consumer’s perspective and conceptualize things that don’t exist.
- We expect you to have a university degree in a design discipline or product development, or equivalent knowledge and several years of experience in working with product development. If you are an internal candidate, you may have a previous education in product development or many years’ experience in Communication & Interior Design/Home furnishing & Retail Design in a leadership role.
- Someone with the ability to work with conceptual ideas, who is able to turn these into actual solutions and to lead the content of the project from start to end.
- You have an eye for design and get motivated by finding new ways of working.
- You are energetic, driven and determined, enjoy working closely with people, at a fast pace and have great communication skills.
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role, you do that under message to Hiring Manager. The last day to send your application is 23rd September 2021. Please send in the application a.s.a.p. to help speed up the process if you know you will apply. It would be great if we can start meetings as soon as possible.
You will be based at our IKEA of Sweden offices in Älmhult.
Curious to know more? Let's connect!
If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Katie Pettersson at +46 702 99 42 48.