Team Leader - Customs Operations Support Center Europe and Africa
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
While each day on the job may look a little different for you, the main purpose of this position is to lead Business and People together at the COSC, while always being an ambassador for the IKEA values and the IKEA culture. The COSC Team Leader manages the import and export activities in compliance with internal and external regulations and with a high level of internal control.
You enjoy working with others and are motivated by developing yourself and your co-workers. You thrive in a diverse and global environment. To succeed in the role, we are looking for you to:
- Have previous experience in import and export in relation to Customs regulations
- Have a passion for people and diversity, along with a strong capacity to lead business and inspire people
- Be fair, empathetic and authentic in your leadership
- Be a strong team player with strong decision-making skills and the capacity to influence
- Have strong communication skills and embrace working in a global environment, while connecting the global perspectives and the local realities
- See challenges as opportunities
Your main tasks will include:
As a Team Leader in COSC EA, your assignment will include, among other things, the following tasks:
- Work proactively on co-worker competence and growth as well as succession planning
- Be part of the COSC Management Team and work actively on all related activities
- Ensure that centralized import activities are organized in an optimal and compliant way for efficiency and internal control
- Be an ambassador of the IKEA values and culture
- Participate in forums and projects with different internal and external partners representing the IKEA business, and the Customs agenda
You have demonstrable Customs knowledge (procedures, regulations, valuation, classification and origin etc.), with an eye towards compliance. You have Leadership skills and are eager to develop yourself and your co-workers. You have an organized way of working, are eager to drive change and find optimal working practices. You thrive in a diverse and global environment and have strong communications skills, both written and verbal (the Units working language is English).
The position is a fulltime position and located in Älmhult. Please note that we will interview continuously, so please send us your application online as soon as possible, but on 27th of September the latest. We don’t accept application through email.
For more information or any questions regarding this position please contact hiring manager, Graham Main, [email protected] and questions regarding the recruitment process Helena Sjölander at [email protected]
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!