Portfolio Management Office Manager
- Älmhult, Sweden
Älmhult is home to IKEA of Sweden where the IKEA range is developed and made available to stores and customers all over the world. At IKEA of Sweden, you will work in a truly international and dynamic environment. You will have different opportunities to learn new skills and where the goal always is to create a better everyday life for the many people
IKEA is built on a culture of entrepreneurship and has throughout more than 75 years been known for being a challenger and thinking differently. Innovation and entrepreneurship are our key driving forces also in developing IKEA for the future - to be relevant and to create a better everyday life for the many in the decades to come. We are rich in innovations connected to our range and business opportunities, and our customers meet a high level of evolutionary development in the IKEA range. However, we work every day to become even better at creating revolutionary innovations and faster to deploy innovations in the marketplace. To get the most out of our innovation and entrepreneurial competences, capabilities and assets, we focus on being even more efficient in our way of working and building on synergies between existing range, innovations together with digital movements
We are now looking for a Portfolio Management Office Manager to Core Business Range and the newly established Core Business Range Development- and Innovation Councils. The PMO Manager will together with the PMO team act as the extended arm of two newly established Councils by managing the portfolio, creating visibility, and ensuring project execution and required performance to safeguard the highest possible strategic alignment and direction of the portfolios
You will be a permanent invitee to the Development- and Innovation Councils and collaborate closely with the Range Innovation Manager to facilitate the recurring governance meetings. You will report to Chief Finance Officer for Range, and be part of the Management team at Steering & Support in IKEA of Sweden AB.
In the role as Portfolio Management Office Manager, you will be a strategic and collaborative business partner providing a Core Business Range portfolio and road-map, which ensures movements towards various strategies and developing and maintaining Portfolio management framework for IKEA Range by strong collaboration across teams. A major part of the assignment is to prepare, conduct and follow up the newly established Development- and Innovation Councils.
Furthermore, you will:
- Establish and maintain professional, long term relationship, together with the Range Innovation Manager be the “entry point” for stakeholders and their business needs linked to the remit of the Development- & Innovation council.
- Develop, lead, and maintain Portfolio management ways of working and framework (with related planning and performance frameworks) for the Development- & Innovation Councils within IKEA Range.
- Actively navigate the portfolio, identifying gaps and advice for optimisation & prioritisation to decision makers and relevant stakeholder by ensuring full visibility of the portfolio towards relevant stakeholders and status of execution and by addressing relevant deviations. Together with your knowledgeable team be the center of expertise for portfolio management and project execution in close cooperation with the matrix organisation.
- Be responsible for driving the leadership and competence agenda: Identify needs and gaps, and build leadership and competence plans to meet the short- and long-term business needs and reflect those needs in particular learning offers for portfolio & project mgmt.
- Lead the team with responsibility for recruitment, development, performance management, retention, and succession plan for co-workers directly in the responsible area.
As our Portfolio Management Office Manager, you need to have an understanding and honest belief in the values of the IKEA Culture, a passion for the business and be fully motivated by leading business and people together. You have a strong interest to lead development of the PMO scope and connected processes in IKEA Range. You are an experienced leader with the capability to lead, coach and inspire people to see possibilities and to work together. You are good at communicating in a clear and simple way with all types of stakeholders, internally as well as externally. Furthermore, you are driven by a strong curiosity and have a desire to find better ways together with others.
To be successful in this role we also want you to have:
- Ability to lead business with a holistic view; always act with the customer, supplier, total IKEA and total cost development in mind
- Experience in leading change toward Outcome/performance driven portfolios, preferably in highly agile environment
- Experience from working as a senior project leader or PMO manager in a project driven organisation
- Experience to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver results by involving and engaging people
- Experience and knowledge in data analytics and creating insights on strategic, tactical and operational level and the capability to perform business analysis, risk assessment, scenario planning and draw conclusions to support the right business decisions
- Capability to build trust and relationships, to build long-term business partnership and handle multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to communicate in a clear, structured, and honest way, internally and externally, ability to influence using facts, knowledge & insights
- Knowledge and understanding of the IKEA processes and organisations is meriting but not a demand
- Capability to create a sense of togetherness, belonging and trust within a team
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role, you do that under message to Hiring Manager. The last day to send your application is the 21st of September 2021
Curious to know more? Let´s connect!
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hiring manager, Marcus Vagnebohrn at [email protected] For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter, Marie Sandman on +46 768545309