Product Quality Operation Specialist (m/f/d, part-time, temporary) Quality Support Center Europe
- Dortmund, Germany
IKEA offers well designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality products available to our customers while always adhering to sustainable social and environmental conditions. Dortmund office belongs to Purchasing and Logistics area North and consists of several business units, such as Purchasing Development, Supply Chain Operations with Quality Support Centre (QSC), Supply Chain Development, and support functions like People & Culture, Admin & Finance.
It’s all about satisfied customers in our Quality Direction!
Our goal is to be faster offering effective, timely solutions to resolve quality deviations while driving sales due to higher customer experienced quality. To meet the high expectations of our customers we have built up the Quality Support Centre structure globally. In Dortmund QSC is responsible for all deviations in Europe.
We, as Quality Support Centre (QSC), organize and manage the quality deviation process together with our key stakeholders while always keeping customer expectations in mind. We achieve this through analyzing the quality deviations reported by our stores and distribution centres. As franchisor, we secure that t franchisees get reimbursed and find a solution for their defective goods. Moreover, we collaborate with our stakeholders to ensure that we learn from our mistakes and therefore, continuously improve the quality of our goods and our processes.
QSC has two mandates: (1) Product Quality, where we, together with our stakeholders, ensure our customers ultimately purchase a product that has been well designed and produced, and meets our IKEA product requirements. (2) Supply Quality, where we secure that our food and home furnishing products are well-protected and handled with care and that they reach our customers in good condition.
- Very good communication and negotiation skills to create a common base for stakeholders to find best solutions for our customers
- Good understanding of production and logistic processes and their influence on customer quality needs and expectations
- Good understanding of customer needs and expectations regarding quality performance and high ability to transfer to daily business
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Technical knowledge of home electronics and appliances is an advantage
Capabilities & Motivation:
- Good analytical thinking with a structured approach to administrative skills
- Ability to communicate in an inspiring and simple way to engage and build trust among stakeholders
- High level of self-management, energy, and drive to work with stakeholders to reach common goals
- Ability to build networks for collaboration and contribute to deliver business results
- Eager to develop yourself and grow together with IKEA
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Please, notice that this is a part-time (60%) position with a 2-years contract, located in Dortmund. Submit your application online via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters (in English) as soon as possible, but latest on September 26th, 2021. Do not forget to include your CV and motivation letter. We are curious to get to know you, please tell us about who you are and why you are a good fit both to IKEA and to this role.
If you have questions regarding this vacancy and the recruitment process, please send a message via our recruitment system.