Business Developer - Paper
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
As a Business Developer at Purchasing & Logistics Area North Europe, you will be working within defined part of the business and legal framework of IKEA – to secure excellence in running operations by optimizing the purchasing possibilities. Furthermore you will participate in creating an efficient supplier structure. The material you will mainly work with is paper.
About the assignment
- Business Developer will together with a team:
- On everyday base work to optimize costs of IKEA products.
- Contribute to Strategic development of the supplier base in line with Category strategy
- Transfer Category Business Plan to operational action plans.
- Together with each supplier set the goals and create action plan that will enhance the full potentials of the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers according to IKEA values and guidelines
- Evaluate and develop existing production capacities.
- Cooperate in the product life cycle process.
- Build effective and actively maintain relation with suppliers.
- Responsible that supplier meets social, environmental standards.
- Responsible for the delivery and quality performance.
- Secure right competence to challenge and develop suppliers.
In all situations act as an IKEA Ambassador.
We are looking for you who have a good knowledge in material and production including cost of production within your area of responsibility. You have experience of international business and excellent skills in working with the cost drivers in the purchasing part of the supply chain. You are experienced with leading global projects and indirect leadership. We also think that you share the IKEA values, culture and have a strong interest to work for a home furnishings company.
As a person you have lots of energy, drive and commitment to reach excellent results. You have ability to transfer big picture into concrete actions and learn fast. You are business minded and are good in communication and building and maintaining relations. You have the willingness to act on opportunities and also skills to communicate fluent in English. You will be working in a truly international environment with a lot of contacts with colleagues and suppliers mostly in northern Europe and the position includes travelling. We hope you want to contribute with your unique competence for IKEAs future.
There is two temporary positions
1 year assignment 2021-11-01 – 2022-11-01 and 6 months assignment 2021-11-01—2022-05-31. The positions are based in Älmhult, Sweden.
The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application as soon as possible. If you have questions regarding the role contact Lubomira Bildarova [email protected] If questions about recruitment process, contact Helena Sjölander <[email protected]>. Please send in your application in English latest 30th of September 2021.
Co-workers within Purchasing lead an exciting life! The mission is to develop business with suppliers in order to deliver IKEA products to our stores located around the world. The goal is to meet the price, quality and quantity expectations of our customers. In our Purchasing & Logistics Area we are working with suppliers in northern Europe and have offices in Älmhult, Kaunas, Moscow and Dortmund.