Mechanical Design Engineer
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Why you will love us
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
The IKEA Development Centre South East Asia is a partner and testbed for strategic development at IKEA. Our team is part of IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Area South East Asia, a group of 160 problem-solvers and doers, based in Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok and Jakarta. The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many motivates us to develop IKEA products that are sustainable, affordable and accessible for everyone. We have always challenged designs, processes or technologies in rebellious ways, and from surprising angles to get better answers. And guess what? We always will. It’s all part of our vision to create a better everyday life for the many. And it’s been keeping us going for more than 75 years.
You develop IKEA products that allow the many people to turn their houses in to homes. Your consideration of form, function, low price, quality and sustainability, combined with your technical knowledge inspires new solutions. You go beyond making things; you help make things better. Show us how you’d do it!
What you will be doing
- Turn product concepts, requirements and ideas into mechanical engineering designs
- Create, visualize and optimize the mechanical design related to set product requirements
- Apply Design for Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, Logistic, Cost, Assembly and Sustainability
- Identify and manage technical risks during the development
- Break down requirements where detailed mechanical design can be verified
- Initiate and perform development test
- Perform basic Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) analysis such as static finite element analysis (FEA) and optimization including act as interface towards simulation engineers
- Maximizing usage of IKEA standard material (incl. utilization) and shared solutions
- Technical documentation, such as part and assembly models, drawings, Predictive Assembly Time (PAT) and Bill Of Material (BOM) according to standards and guidelines
- Identify product improvement potentials and give input to action plans
- Capture learnings and actively share knowledge connected to mechanical engineering
- Responsible to develop and document packaging solutions
- Create documentation according to IKEA standards.
Why we will love you
- Experience from working with mechanical engineering in product development (mechanics, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), drawing technique, 3D models, material, production etc.)
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) analysis such as optimization driven structural analysis and solving static linear problems
- Understanding of supply chain operations and specifically manufacturing
- Analytical and creative in order to make optimal mechanical engineering designs
- Experience from working in a constantly changing environment with many stakeholders
- Make things happen through involving and engaging people
- Speed and effectiveness in execution
- Lead and work in diverse teams
- Hands on execution of product engineering activities
- Ability to run multiple projects at the same time
- Good communication skills and ability to influence
- Dare to take decisions
- Curiosity and passion to find new ways
- Capability to lead in the unknown
- Reaching goals/plans and to see the result of a team effort
- Having Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) or above is highly appreciated.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us!
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.
Curious to know more? Let´s connect!
For more questions about the role, please contact Linn Grahl or [email protected]