Range & Product Design Manager in BA TESEC
- Älmhult, Sweden
Most people see a Textile. You see a better life created from a better home.
You see things a little differently. So do we. Leadership at IKEA is simple, clear and humble. We’re not fans of bureaucracy and complicated hierarchy. Come see things a little differently with us.
IKEA want to offer a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them. That is a promise, and we do this every day with great passion, and the thought that our range creates a better everyday life for many people all over the world is a great motivator.
We are on an exciting journey with our Textile business, a journey where we build on strengths and challenge ourselves and our business to be truly affordable, sustainable and desirable for the many people. Textiles are an important part of people’s lives and homes during all phases of life. They create that warm, homey feeling in a room and home. They are practical, letting the warmth of the sun in or out, can be ergonomic and make you warm or cool at night. They are with you when you go to bed and wake up in the morning.
Our mission is to create Textiles for a better everyday life, whoever you are and wherever you live.
Right now, we’re looking for a Range & Product Design Manager in Business Area (BA) Textiles, Social Entrepreneurship and Collections (TESEC).
Someone who knows value driven leadership inside out together with product creation and development, has a great eye for trends, esthetics and knows a thing or two about strategies. As Range & Product Design Manager you will be right in the center of our business and most of all our product development, taking part in creating what IKEA is all about; our product range. Together with a team of Range Design Leaders and Product Design Developers you will translate IKEA strategies into range goals and ultimately into strengthening our range offer. Creating the IKEA range requires a holistic strategic capability plus an eye for the details, as well as creativity and a thorough understanding of people’s life at home and their different needs.
As Range & Product Design Manager you are responsible for:
• Together with all Range and Product Design Managers create one IKEA range and product plan identifying long term strategic range movements and secure implementation cross IKEA
• Lead the creation of the range plan and building of the complete range and product offer on the BA level involving the Range and Product teams and Development teams
• Visualize, communicate and clarify the long term strategic range movements and direction before and during the development process
• Lead, coach and develop the Range Design leaders and Product Design Developers to perform and deliver to the BA and IKEA range and product plan
• To be an active part of the BA TESEC management team, leading, challenging and developing our business and people
• Together with BA management secure that preconditions for Product teams and Development teams are created, to deliver Better Homes and Better Products with all five dimensions of Democratic Design and optimal IKEA value chain
• That the range and product development capabilities are being used including transforming knowledge about life at home into action, ideation, exploration and co creation capabilities in the BA
• IKEA unique identity, Democratic Design and commerciality on the BA range and products
• Feed into strategic development of platforms, shared solutions, standard colors and materials
The Range & Product Design Manager is a senior leadership position within IKEA of Sweden. This means that this is a challenging and rewarding position with enormous impact on the many people around the world. We value experience in strategic development and product development. Knowledge, experience and passion for home furnishing, design, style and trends is a part of who you are and comes naturally. You are motivated by, and lead with IKEA values. You understand the IKEA value chain, the development process and the basics of the Trading and Retail organizations within IKEA.
You are a natural leader who works actively with developing yourself and your leadership. In this role you can practice many of your leadership skills as a sounding board for the team, motivating and inspiring the Range team, our BA and beyond. Communicating and expressing yourself comes naturally to you and at the same time you’re well organized and focused. You are a visionary and a strong leader.
To be successful in this role, we wish you to have:
• An ability to lead and develop business & people by empowering individuals and teams
• A solid IKEA knowledge, or the willingness to acquire quickly, motivated by the IKEA idea of creating better everyday life for the many. Experience from furniture development/production/selling/communicating is an advantage.
• Proven experience from leading people to move from knowledge to insights to imagination to action
• Passion to develop and engage a network of relevant competencies on different levels and organizations within and outside IKEA
• Passion for creating the best most affordable IKEA product range offer for the many people now and in the future
• Experience from identifying and leading big strategic questions that creates big range movements and increasing commerciality,
• A passion for being in reality” walk the floor”
• An experience and motivation to help people stretch boundaries and challenging what already exist, nourish creativity and” trust the process” climate
• Experience from communicating and visualizing vision, concepts and ideas
Are you up for the challenge? Then this just might be for you!
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Lars Wretman, Mobile +46(73) 355 94 32 or recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Specialist Christina Appelqvist, +46766113408
Please note that we will continuously look at applications so don't delay, make sure to show us your interest in the role as soon as possible, and by 24th of August 2021 at the latest. We look forward to receiving your application!
Please note that due to the summer vacation period it might take a while until you hear back from us. Welcome with your application!